Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
Are you passionate about ensuring meaningful training? Do you enjoy collaborating across teams and functions? As an Associate Director Global MA Learning & Development you will utilize all these important skills to ensure optimal training, aligned with strategic priorities and cutting-edge science, is available to the department. Global MA Learning & Development ensures our stakeholders, both new hires and seasoned Medical Affairs team members, have the information and skills to function at their highest level. Therapeutic training will support pipeline and marketed products including ongoing training closely aligned with the medical strategy and team needs. The Global MA Learning & Development Associate Director will be responsible for supporting the development, maintenance, and execution of these comprehensive training programs for Medical Affairs and will be therapeutically aligned with the field medical team organization. The Associate Director will work in collaboration with the Medical Affairs Field Team Leadership, Medical Directors, and other key stakeholders to create the therapeutic Learning & Development strategic plan. As an Associate Director you will also guide and mentor members of the Learning & Development Team. Prior field medical or equivalent Medical Affairs training experience and the ability to work collaboratively are required. The scope of Learning & Development also includes professional skills development, implementation, and assessment aligned with core competencies. It is the responsibility of the Associate Director to ensure content in the learning management systems reflects the needs of the filed medical team and is aligned with departmental goals. This role will report to the Director of Medical Affairs Learning & Development.
- Lead the development of therapeutic training materials in collaboration with the therapeutic area partners (internal and external) to ensure the content is aligned with goals, functional area needs, and overall strategic objectives
- Create the Learning & Development Strategic Plan in areas of responsibility, including tactics, resource planning and budget forecasts
- Strategically develop and track program priorities and deliverables, working closely with the strategic medical team and external vendors
- Manage vendor relationships, contracting, budgeting, and ensuring created materials meet internal standards. Manage the approval process through Medical Director and MERLEN review
- Stay abreast of trends in the therapeutic area of responsibility and ensure that therapeutic materials are updated in a timely manner
- Lead the design of cross-functional training strategies for both new hires and ongoing learning that enhances the skill, technical/scientific product knowledge, and competency of Medical Affairs personnel
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement to consistently enhance/modify existing programs and apply innovative training initiatives and technology platforms
- Support the implementation of the new hire onboarding initiatives including development and maintenance of materials that facilitate efficient assimilation
- Work in close collaboration with team members from across Medical Affairs, HR, IT, Clinical Development, Compliance/Legal, etc. to ensure training is in line with departmental goals and strategies
- 10 years of relevant biotech or pharmaceutical industry experience required with a preference for experience in the field of oncology
- A solid understanding and experience implementing training consistent with adult learning principles is preferred
- Experience in managing data electronically
- Strong organizational skills and experience in managing multiple priority projects
- Excellent written (ability to compose and edit internal communications) and verbal communications (can work across functions and with various levels of management) skills as well as strong interpersonal skills are required
- Ability to organize and interpret large amounts of information into materials that are quickly absorbed and retained
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment with a high sense of urgency
- Advanced scientific degree (PhD, PharmD, MD) preferred
- At least 7 years of Medical Affairs experience required with 5 years of Field Medical (e.g., MSL, CVO, HEOR) or Medical Affairs Training experience highly preferred
- List the education and certifications preferred
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Seagen requires that all newly-hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.