Ascension Sacred Heart is searching for 2 oncology physicians: 1 in Destin, Florida, and 1 in Andalusia, Alabama. Ascension is the largest not-for-profit medical group in the U.S. and has 5 facilities along the Gulf Coast. We employ the largest primary care network in the region and benefit from an extensive clinical network nationwide. Our Destin facility (Sacred Heart Emerald Coast) is a 78 bed facility with a fantastic reputation for quality and specialty care represented.
Destin Position Highlights:
- Join a well established clinic 12 years; new provider will assume practice of departing physician to serve a community need
- Program affiliated with MD Anderson
- Weekend call is 1 in 5
- Weeknight call is shared amongst 3 providers
- Hospital census is usually around 3-5 patients
- Active Tumor Board
- Varian electronic EMR houses all chemotherapy regimens
- Boarded Breast Surgeon and microvascular breast reconstruction available in community
- Chemotherapy suite with chemotherapy certified nurses
- 797 Certified pharmacy with pharmacist and technicians
- Embedded pharmacist to manage specialty medications
- Social Worker
- Patient assistance program
- New patients per month average about 35 with a 50/50 split between Hematology and Oncology
The Destin area is home to pristine white-sand beaches that are consistently rated among the top in the U.S. There are abundant opportunities for boating, fishing, and water activities in both fresh and saltwater. The schools in the region are also among the top rated in Florida.
In Andalusia we are searching for someone to join a well established single provider practice. The clinic sees about 20-25 patients per day and performs about 250 infusions per month. This position would be Monday- Friday, 8am - 5pm with no Call and minimal hospital rounding (handful of patients per week). We also have a full-time APRN who does shared visits with the provider and also sees non-chemo infusion patients for the community providers. The chemo nurses are chemo certified and our pharmacy meets USP 797/800 guidelines. We have a full time pharmacist and pharmacy tech on staff as well.
The town of Andalusia is located in Covington County, where the population is ~37,000. It is a wonderful community to live and raise children. Country Living Magazine has named Andalusia one of the 30 best small towns in the United States for Christmas, and Reader's Digest ranked Andalusia number 5 out of 52 Christmas towns in America. The arts are also abounding in Andalusia. There are dance schools, and professional performances of ballet and modern dance. Several local dancers are now performing in professional companies including the New York City Ballet. The Covington ARTS council brings theater and musical performances to the local stage several times a year. Andalusia offers a great quality of life; our County is blessed with natural resources-from Conecuh National forest: lakes such as Gantt, Point A, Frank Jackson and Lake Jackson: to thousands of acres of forested hunting lands. And we offer camping, trails, water skiing, and boating-activities that are attractive to people of all ages. Our city also has 2 well maintained golf courses and an airport. We are also only an hour drive from the beautiful beaches of the Florida Gulf Coast!