Practice amongst the finest Hematology / Oncology professionals in the area.
We are actively interviewing at Reading Hospital. To find out more, please contact our senior recruiter at Kenneth.email@example.com or apply online at www.careers.towerhealth.org Req #2022-40776
Reading Hospital is seeking a Board-Certified Hematologist/Oncologist to join a community hospital-based and academic practice of 9 physicians and 7 advanced practitioners at the McGlinn Cancer Institute located in West Reading, Pennsylvania. Also, part of this excellent team are 6 Hematology/Oncology Fellows (2 per year).
This Hematology/Oncology position is a great opportunity for an experienced physician with a preference for treating general cancer cases in our outpatient community-based practice. The new physician will be joining a well-trained, very collaborative staff, and a state-of-the-art facility with a full spectrum of interdisciplinary care.
Cancer Center Highlights:
- 15% Accruals for Active Clinical Cutting-Edge Trials
- 2100 Analytic Cases
- 80,000 treatments yearly
- New Fellowship training program
- Daily multi-disciplinary clinics (thoracic, breast, GI, GU, others)
- 1:6 Call requirements (fellows take first call)
- Coverage for weekends including inpatient
Our Benefits include Competitive Compensation Plan, CME allowance and days, Loan Forgiveness Assistance Program, Malpractice Insurance with Tail Coverage, Relocation Assistance, Spousal/Domestic Partner Job Search Support, H1B Visas and Green Card Sponsorship (we cannot currently support J1 Visa Waivers).
Reading Hospital is the flagship, Magnet Recognized, acute care hospital of Tower Health. Located in West Reading, PA, Reading Hospital is a 714-bed facility that is home to many top-tier specialty care centers, including Reading HealthPlex, McGlinn Cancer Institute, Miller Regional Heart Center, Level I Trauma Center and Beginnings Maternity Center, which houses the region's only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). With more than 1,000 physicians and providers across 49 locations, Reading Hospital has been recognized for its quality outcomes and clinical expertise across services lines. It is currently listed as one of America's 50 Best Hospitals and received a 5-Star Rating from CMS two years in a row. Reading Hospital is also the Branch Campus for Drexel University College of Medicine.
Reading Hospital Awards and Recognition:
- America's 50 Best Hospitals Award™ (2022)
- America's 100 Best Hospitals Award™ (2017-2021)
- One of 10 Best Value Hospitals in Pennsylvania
- Top 2 percent of U.S. hospitals for clinical outcomes
- American College of Radiology
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
- Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons
- Committee on Stereotactic Breast Biopsy for Mammotest
- National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
- McGlinn Cancer Institute is certified with a gold rating from Commission on Cancer & also certified by the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI®) Program
Candidate must be Board Certified in Hematology and Oncology