Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
This position will provide support to the Biometrics team on early phase development programs. Independently serve as clinical study statistician on multiple projects with limited supervision. Provide expertise in the design and development of study protocols and case report forms. Develop statistical analysis plans, perform statistical analyses, and interpret results. Develop SAS programs of varying complexity to analyze and report clinical data. Review programming specifications and outputs. Recognize inconsistencies and initiate resolution of data problems. Collaborate in the preparation and review of clinical study reports. Ensure adherence to regulatory and company standards.
- Perform duties of a study statistician to support clinical trials. Oversee statistical aspects in the design of clinical trials
- Provide statistical input to study protocols
- Perform sample size and power calculations
- Review CRFs and edit checks
- Develop SAP and create table, listing, and figure shells
- Review programming specifications and derived datasets
- Perform or review statistical analysis as defined in SAP
- Code complex statistical analyses as needed
- Interpret results and write sections of documents; present results
- Support program lead statisticians in preparations for interactions with regulatory agencies
- Read and understand medical/clinical literature as required by duties
- Develop and assist in maintenance of department tools, templates, guidelines, SOPs, and systems
- Working knowledge of FDA regulations, ICH GCP guidelines, the drug development process
- Work on problems of diverse scope in which analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- MS in statistics, biostatistics, or related field with minimum 3 years of experience, or PhD with 1 year of experience
- Strong SAS programming skills
- Working knowledge of clinical trial design
- Knowledge of FDA regulations, ICH GCP guidelines, the drug development process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative and motivation
- Good organizational skills with the ability to adapt and adjust to changing priorities
- Experience working in an environment where knowledge of and adherence to SOPs and regulatory guidelines are required
- Able to prioritize work and complete deliverables to timelines with limited supervision
- Detail and process oriented
- Oncology experience preferred
- Knowledge of R
- Simulation experience
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Seagen requires that all newly-hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.