Medical Director of Cancer Genomics with Sparrow Hospital
Sparrow Hospital, located in Lansing, Michigan is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated, full-time physician for Medical Director of Cancer Genomics for oversight of cancer genomic research and precision oncology services within the Herbert-Herman Cancer Center. Sparrow Hospital’s cancer program moved into a newly constructed, leading-edge facility, the Herbert-Herman Cancer Center, in July 2017. Sparrow Hospital and the Herbert-Herman Cancer Center are fully committed to improving access to top medical care across Mid-Michigan. Sparrow Hospital has been ranked among the 150 best hospitals in the country by Newsweek magazine and nationally recognized for patient safety by receiving an “A” grade by Leapfrog.
The essential duties of the position are:
- Promotes the concepts of genomics and precision oncology throughout the health system, region, and nation by educating patients and colleagues, publishing articles, and collaborating with national leaders in cancer genomics.
- Participates in medical oncology patient care, running a genomics clinic taking referrals from internal and external referral sources Oversees cancer genomic research and precision oncology services to include all clinical disciplines (i.e. Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Surgical Oncology, etc.)
- Develop and implement genomic research and precision oncology strategic plans, ensuring programs align with hospital and health system quality, growth, and financial objectives
- Dedicate 25-35% of time to patient care in the Medical Oncology physician clinic
Position is hospital-employed and offers:
- Excellent compensation and benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage
- Relocation assistance, 401(k) with matching funds, generous CME benefits
- Malpractice insurance that includes tail coverage
Learn more about this position by contacting:
Barb Hilborn, Director, Physician & APP Recruitment
Office: 800.968.3225 | Cell: 517.614.1629
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.