Outstanding Hematology/Oncology Positions w/ Opportunity for Academic Appointment
- Carle Physician Group
- Champaign-Urbana & Bloomington-Normal, Illinois
- Competitive Compensation
- Closing date
- Aug 18, 2022
- Medical Oncologist, Hematologist, Oncologist / Hematologist
- Breast, Hematologic Oncology, Medical Oncology
- Full Time
- BC/BE Medical Oncologist, BC/BE Hematologist/Oncologist
Due to growth, Carle Health is excited to add additional BE/BC Hematology/Oncology physicians to join our established Cancer Institutes in Urbana and Normal, Illinois.
Practice Opportunity Details Include:
- Candidates with experience and new graduates are welcome to apply. Mentorship with new graduates will be provided.
- Training and interest in both Hematology and Oncology are required. The physician will be able to specialize in his/her area of interest in Oncology.
- The Hematology/Oncology physician would primarily practice at either our campus in Urbana or Normal, IL with one day per week at one of Carle’s Hematology/Oncology satellite locations.
- Candidates with experience will be considered for leadership opportunity(s) within the Carle Health system based on their interest, experience and expertise.
- Join a multidisciplinary team with Medical Oncologists, Radiation Oncologists, Gynecologic Oncologists, Breast Surgeons, genetic and nutrition counseling services.
- Colorectal Surgery, Interventional Radiology, Urology, Neurosurgery, Head & Neck Surgery, and Thoracic Surgery is available at Carle Foundation Hospital in Urbana, IL.
- Breast Surgery, Colorectal Surgery, Urology, and Neurosurgery services are available at Carle BroMenn Medical Center in Normal, IL.
- Practice in a multi-disciplinary setting with Weekly Disease Specific Tumor Boards (Upper GI, Lower GI, Breast, Thoracic, etc.) and strong support from Radiation Oncology and all Surgical Services.
- Our Breast Cancer Program has both CoC and NAPBC Accreditations with weekly Breast Cancer Tumor Board and Multi-disciplinary Breast Cancer Clinic.
- Enjoy a generous compensation package at a stable, vertically integrated health system.
- Opportunity for academic and/or research opportunity at the Carle Illinois College of Medicine which is a collaboration between Carle and the University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign.
- The Carle Illinois College of Medicine is the nation’s first medical school focused at the intersection of healthcare and engineering.
- Both Champaign-Urbana and Bloomington-Normal are vibrant college towns with an abundance of dining and entertainment options, easy access to regional and international airports, and are centrally located to Chicago, St. Louis, and Indianapolis.
- Unfortunately, this position does not qualify for a J-1 visa waiver.
About the Carle Cancer Institute:
- Strong clinical cancer research with a National Community Oncology Research Program (NCORP) Grant from the National Cancer Institute (NCI).
- Currently > 100 open clinical trials at Urbana campus for cancer patients in East Central Illinois.
- NCI clinical trials anticipated to be available at Normal campus in late 2022.
- Carle Cancer Institute is home of Stephens Family Clinical Research Institute with an existing opportunity to support investigator initiated studies.
- Close collaboration with the University of Illinois Basic Science Cancer Center in Urbana, Illinois.
With 500+ physicians comprising 80 specialties/sub-specialties and a service area of 1.3 million residents, Carle Physician Group is locally owned and physician led. Our physician group is part of a not-for-profit integrated network of healthcare services that includes Carle Foundation Hospital, a 413-bed Level I Trauma Center with Level III perinatal services. Carle Cancer Center is a nationally recognized cancer center providing the most current cancer treatments to communities throughout East Central Illinois. The center has board-certified, locally-based physicians on staff specializing in medical oncology, hematology, breast surgery, mammography, surgical oncology, head and neck surgical oncology, and radiation oncology, as well as a complete support staff of certified nurses, patient care coordinators, and volunteers.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert