- Work a 4 ½ day workweek with flexible patient scheduling
- Rotating clinic outreach 1 day/week (within 60 mile radius of Fergus Falls)
- Shareholder opportunity available within physician-driven practice
- Shared 1 in 3 on-call time; including weekends and holidays
- Work with 2 other Oncologists and a Nurse Practitioner on the team to see an average of 12 patients/day
- Radiation Oncology onsite
We are committed to being Minnesota’s preeminent regional health care partner and has been a top 100 rural & community hospital for the 3rd year in a row. Lake Region is a not for profit, independent health system with over 85 providers and 19 specialty services. Our award winning patient care, wide range of medical specialties, positive morale among the entire medical staff, and our unmatched hometown atmosphere set us apart from other opportunities.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Full benefits including: health, dental, vision, life insurance, group health insurance, disability insurance (short and long term), & malpractice insurance
- Guaranteed salary for the first 2 years of employment with the opportunity for additional compensation based on production hours worked
- Paid relocation, & professional dues and memberships
OUR DISTINCTIVE RETIREMENT PLAN:
- Profit sharing & cash balance plan
- Annual employer contribution of 10% of wages towards 401K plan (100% vested without employee contribution requirements)
WHY PRACTICE HERE?
- Minnesota has consistently been awarded the best state in the United States to practice medicine
- Our practice is independent, & operated by a physician board of directors which allows our providers to practice in a manner they see fit for their patients
- Our 2017 physician burnout survey data exceeds positively in national and state metrics for work life balance, high quality care, collaboration with providers, & autonomy in work.
ABOUT OUR CANCER CENTER:
In September of 2017, Lake Region Healthcare's Cancer Care & Research Center has been recognized by the QOPI Certification Program (QCP), an affiliate of the American Cancer Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), as successfully completing a three-year certification program for outpatient hematology-oncology practices that meet nationally recognized standards for quality cancer care. This is the first non-metro site in Minnesota that has been awarded this certification.
ABOUT LAKE REGION HEALTHCARE:
Located in Fergus Falls, Minnesota, Lake Region Healthcare is the leading and largest employer in the city and surrounding communities employing over 900 individuals. Our organization is a not-for-profit healthcare system that offers outreach clinic services to surrounding communities in Ashby, Battle Lake, Barnesville, and Elbow Lake. The main campus that houses our cancer center, assisted living facility, walk-in clinic, athletic training & group fitness center, main clinic and hospital is based out of Fergus Falls. Lake Region offers a breadth of medical specialties beyond the traditional. From our new, state-of-the-art Cancer Research and Care Center, to a comprehensive Interventional Radiology Department, and a 14 bed behavioral health unit we offer plenty of room to practice and grow while providing comprehensive services to our patients.
ABOUT FERGUS FALLS:
Fergus Falls is approximately 170 miles northwest of Minneapolis/St. Paul and 25 miles east of the North Dakota border. Our community is well known for the lake country beauty, wooded hills, and rolling farmland. The city of Fergus Falls is the county seat of Otter Tail County, which is home to more than 1,000 lakes within the region. Within the city limits, there are 5 lakes, 17 park and recreational areas, and an 18-hole public golf course. The community offers wonderful museums, a nature learning center, historic buildings, a performing arts center, a world class horse arena, and the natural beauty of trails and prairie. The paved, 135 mile long Central Lakes Trail begins in our community and ends in St. Joseph, MN where many enjoy biking, walking, jogging, in-line skating, or snowmobiling in the winter.
We are conveniently located:
60 miles from Fargo, ND metro area (Hector International Airport)
177 miles from Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN metro area (MSP International Airport)