Hematologist/Oncologist for Olathe Health Cancer Center
Olathe Health is a vital regional health network in the Kansas City Metropolitan Area that serves four counties through Olathe Medical Center, Miami County Medical Center, the 40 family care and specialty clinics of Olathe Health Physicians, and a roster of more than 300 physicians and 2,500 employees. Remaining independent and locally owned in today’s prevailing trend to healthcare conglomerates requires deeply rooted sensibilities and an unwavering dedication to the healing arts. These qualities drive the Olathe Health commitment to be the heart of high-tech care. This is the promise that shapes every decision, every action, every day.
Olathe Health Cancer Center Seeking BC/BE Hematologist/Oncologist:
- Employed position joining 2 oncologists and 1 nurse practitioner
- Cover own patients during weekday; 1-3 weekend call; one hospital with low intensity
- Provide care alongside multi-disciplinary team of providers gathered at a single location Team includes 2 radiation oncologists, 5 general surgeons and a breast surgeon
- Competitive guaranteed base salary with wrvu and quality production incentives Full benefits including health, dental, retirement, disability, life and paid-time off Signing bonus and relocation expense
- New regional facility Clinical trials as member of the Masonic Cancer Alliance (MCA), the outreach network of The University of Kansas Cancer Center a National Cancer Institute (NCI) designated Comprehensive Cancer Center
Accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers and the Commission on Cancer with Commendation in the Community Hospital Cancer Program, our state-of-the-art Cancer Center is located on the Olathe Medical Center campus. The center integrates most outpatient cancer services into one location, enabling the many physicians and staff members who diagnose and treat cancer to collaborate as a team, helping patients and their loved ones battle the disease.
Our new Cancer Center includes:
- In-house laboratory
- Radiation Therapy Suite – State-of-the-art radiation therapy technology, including a linear accelerator with stereotactic capabilities
- Spacious, modern infusion area – Specialized infusion stations for the delivery of chemotherapy, immunotherapy, biotherapy or hormone therapy
- Appearance Center and Boutique – Comfort and cosmetic items
- Relaxation Courtyard – Beautiful landscaping elements and outdoor seating in comfortable areas
Olathe Health’s cancer specialists have expertise in the newest treatment of all types of cancer and blood disorders. When it comes to developing plans for the diagnosis, treatment and ongoing emotional support of our patients and their families, we believe in working as a team. Our multidisciplinary approach includes the opinions of expert physicians in primary care, surgery, medical and radiation oncology and reconstructive surgery. Nurse navigators, occupational and physical therapists, social workers and clinical trial nurses round out the support team designed to provide the most comprehensive and compassionate care to our patients and family.
At Olathe Medical Center (OMC), we have local access to advanced, innovative clinical trials through OMC’s membership in the Masonic Cancer Alliance (MCA). As part of the MCA, our team of physicians and care staff conducts clinical studies to test potential new treatments and medications and to improve care and outcomes for future cancer patients.
As part of our employed physician group, we offer competitive salaries, wrvu and quality production incentives, outstanding benefits, great staff and the support of an independent locally owned healthcare system. As a growing suburb of the greater Kansas City area, our community offers access to nationally ranked public and private school systems, beautiful affordable housing, safe neighborhoods and year-round outdoor activities such as golfing, biking, hiking, boating, fishing and hunting.
For more information or to apply, please email your CV to Larry R. Corum, M.D., Medical Oncologist, Olathe Health Cancer Center, c/o email@example.com or call 316-201-8618. www.olathehealth.org