The Department of Surgery at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso is seeking a breast surgical oncologist to serve as the Medical Director of a nationally accredited breast center. The incoming leader will provide patient care in the hospital and outpatient settings, instruct and supervise medical students and residents, and conduct clinical research. Along with a strong interest in developing a career in academic surgery, the successful candidate will be an MD or DO, have completed an ACGME-approved residency in general surgery, have completed a breast oncology or surgical oncology fellowship, and be board-certified or board-eligible in general surgery.
About the Texas Tech Physicians of El Paso Breast Care Center
The Texas Tech Physicians of El Paso Breast Care Center is nationally accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC). The NAPBC is a program administered by the American College of Surgeons. Accreditation by the NAPBC is only given to centers that have voluntarily committed to providing the highest quality breast care and undergo a rigorous evaluation process and review of their performance.
- Academic leadership opportunity – Medical Director role
- Only breast center in the region - nationally accredited by the NAPBC
- Maintain national accreditation of the breast cancer center
- Excellent work-life balance: Monday – Friday schedule
- 100% breast surgical oncology
- Provide patient care in the hospital and outpatient settings
- Instruct and supervise medical students and residents
- Conduct clinical research
- Competitive salary and no state income tax in Texas!
Community Information – Live and work in West Texas
Filled with genuine Southwest hospitality, El Paso, Texas, offers tremendous opportunities, events, and adventures perfect for families and individuals alike. Once you set foot in this inviting community, you’ll feel right at home.
- Enjoy a low cost of living in a tort reform state with no state income tax
- 300 days of sunshine per year and a mild year-round climate are perfect for enjoying the outdoor amenities that this community has to offer
- Exceptional public and private schools as well as higher education institutions
- Access to beautiful golf courses and state parks
- A short drive to the mountains for incredible hiking, skiing, and white water rafting
- This family-friendly community is often cited as being one of the safest in the country
- Local international airport
Interested candidates should contact Ashlie Korb at email@example.com or (469) 524-1676.