UMass Memorial Health is the health and wellness partner of the people of Central Massachusetts, the largest health care system in Central Massachusetts, and the clinical partner of UMass Chan Medical School. The Hematology/Oncology Division is part of a growing Cancer Center of Excellence, integrating clinical care and clinical investigation in state-of-the-art facilities.
The Division of Hematology/Oncology at UMass Memorial Medical Center and the UMass Chan Medical School is a growing Division of 23 board certified physicians. We seek a Clinician Scientist with expertise in gastrointestinal malignancies to lead the adult GI Medical Oncology Program. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success in the clinical investigation of gastrointestinal malignancies, including early phase clinical trial experience.
- The Director of Gastrointestinal Medical Oncology Program will provide leadership of the GI Medical Oncology Program as well as provide the highest quality of inpatient and outpatient clinical care.
- The ideal candidate will provide leadership for the care and clinical investigation of gastrointestinal malignancies in an outstanding scientific environment; develop protocols for cutting edge multidisciplinary clinical care; and help train the next generation of experts in the field.
- Additional leadership opportunities and/or research support are available for appropriately qualified candidates.
- Academic rank and compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Candidates must have a MD, be board-certified in Medical Oncology, and licensed or eligible for licensure in Massachusetts.
Worcester is New England’s second largest city, and the greater Worcester area is an active, vibrant and energetic community. Enjoy an array of recreational activities including hiking, biking, skiing and snowboarding or take an easy day trip to the mountains and pristine lakes of Maine, New Hampshire or Vermont. We have an outstanding arts and culture scene, an exciting food district and are less than an hour to Boston and Cape Cod.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, UMMMG recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.
Candidates with interest in this Oncology physician opportunity please contact Selena Dickherber:
314-887-4922 (text capability)