Hematology/Oncology – Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Ochsner Health
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- • Competitive salary will commensurate with experience and training
- Closing date
- Oct 16, 2022
- Oncologist / Hematologist
- Hematologic Oncology
- Full Time
- BC/BE Hematologist/Oncologist
The Ochsner Cancer Institute of Ochsner Health is seeking a BC/BE HEMATOLOGIST ONCOLOGIST to join its expanding multidisciplinary team in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The successful candidate will join a local team of board certified Hematologist/Oncologists and Advanced Practice Providers in a robust office practice with a large referral base. The Ochsner Cancer Institute is a multi-site program leading cancer care across Louisiana and the Gulf South – from Lake Charles, Louisiana into coastal Mississippi. The Baton Rouge Cancer Center is a growing, integrated enterprise across 2 sites, featuring multidisciplinary clinics with surgical subspecialists, radiation oncology, and robust connections to subspeciality leaders at the system hub at the Gayle and Tom Benson Cancer Center in New Orleans. The Baton Rouge practice is further enhanced by access to the Ochsner Cancer Institute clinical research portfolio, including the region’s only Phase 1 program, plus a number of innovative digital programs. The Comprehensive Cancer Center in Baton Rouge is currently undergoing a multi-million dollar expansion to support the rapid growth of the programs in this region, and over $100 million has been invested in the Ochsner Cancer Institute over the past 3 years.
These are exciting times for the future of cancer care in Louisiana – come join our team!
Details of the Position:
- Ochsner Cancer Institute – largest multispecialty group practice focused on cancer care in the Gulf South
- Baton Rouge’s state of the art facility offers both chemotherapy infusion and radiation oncology services
- Flexible scheduling/ Full time and part time opportunities
- Minimum 1:5 call rotation shared amongst the physicians in the group
- Participation in the region’s largest clinical trials program, featuring the Precision Cancer Therapies Program, the only phase 1 cancer drug development program in the Gulf South
- Coordination with a large integrated cancer program offering a full range of destination services: bone marrow transplantation, adoptive cellular therapies (coming in 2021), & surgical oncology support in all disciplines
- Inpatient consultation only with full Hospital Medicine support.
- Research and teaching opportunities available, including participation in the Ochsner Hematology/Oncology fellowship program
- EPIC medical record platform utilized throughout the Ochsner Health System with large data warehouse for clinical research and quality improvement
- Tort reform state
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary will commensurate with experience and training
- CME reimbursement and paid time off
- Sign on bonuses
- Relocation assistance
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Retirement options (401k, 403b, and 457b)
- Student Loan Forgiveness program eligibility
The Greater Baton Rouge region is home to 13 Ochsner Health Centers and Ochsner Medical Center Baton Rouge, a full-service, 85-acre, 150-bed facility. In Baton Rouge alone, more than 1,500 employees serve our patients, including over 160 physicians and mid-level providers. Care Chex®, a division of COMPARION, has named Ochsner Medical Center Baton Rouge as the #1 hospital in Baton Rouge across 14 different specialties and amongst the top 10% in the nation for medical excellence, including Overall Hospital Care, Overall Medical Care, and Overall Surgical Care.
Ochsner Baton Rouge is part of Ochsner Health System, Louisiana’s largest non-profit, academic, healthcare system with 30 owned, managed and affiliated hospitals and more than 60 health centers. Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by US News & World Report as a “Best Hospital” across three specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and more than 80 countries worldwide each year. Furthermore, the Ochsner Cancer Institute is consistently recognized as a “High Performing” Cancer Program by US News & World Report. Ochsner employs over 1,100 physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties. The Ochsner Cancer Institute features more than 70 cancer physicians across all disciplines and specialties with focused practices working in multidisciplinary teams.
Situated on the Mississippi River, Baton Rouge represents the best of Louisiana’s vibrant culture. The capital city, located in Southeast Louisiana, is home to over 800,000 residents making it the most populous city in the state. It is a very family-oriented city with great schools, 2 major universities (Louisiana State University and Southern University), restaurants, shopping, and an abundance of sports and cultural opportunities. Known for its great people, unique food, and lively music, Baton Rouge has something for everyone.
*Sorry, no J1 visa opportunities at this location*
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert