Hematology/ Oncology Faculty Position
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider and home to the University of Massachusetts Chen Medical School – Baystate, is seeking a Hematologist to join our adult benign and malignant hematology service and Baystate’s extensive network in Western Massachusetts.
Position Highlights –
- Join Baystate’s integrated cancer program including 12 physicians, 9 APCs, and 6 Hem/Onc Fellows who provide interdisciplinary clinics across 3 clinic locations and two hospitals in western MA. Baystate Regional Cancer Program is the only academic cancer program, only program doing clinical research and only group treating acute leukemia in the region. Our fully integrated program includes radiation, gynecologic, and surgical oncology, and a dedicated hematology-oncology inpatient unit. Baystate Medical Center has a strong hematopathology team that works closely with our adult and pediatric hematologists.
- Enjoy practicing with a collegial team that values professional satisfaction and excellent quality of life. Strong mentorship available. Call schedule and pace is very conducive to work/life balance.
- Leadership opportunities are available to qualified individuals The clinical emphasis of this position is benign and malignant hematology. This position will be based out of Springfield, MA. Faculty appointment to UMass Chan Medical School-Baystate and opportunity to teach our hem/onc fellows, residents, and medical students.
- Investigator-initiated research, cooperative and pharmaceutical group trials, with both clinical, QI and translational research opportunities available.
- Certified ASCO Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI) program. Strong focus on value, evidence-based care and quality improvement.
YOU BELONG HERE. At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
Qualifications: Board eligible or board certified in hematology Outstanding clinical, clinical research and teaching skills. An interest in clinical trials or other clinical research relevant to the patient with blood disorders would be an asset. Our experienced physicians can provide excellent mentorship to those early in their careers. Board eligible or board certified in hematology
For more information please visit us online at: ChooseBaystateHealth.org or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Grace Makari-Judson, MD, Interim Vice President and Medical Director, Cancer Services
Baystate Regional Cancer program, Baystate Health
c/o Paige Livingston, FASPR Physician & APP Recruiter
Phone: 413-794-7847 Fax: 413-794-5059 Email: Paige.Livingston@baystatehealth.org
Are you ready to advance your career with us?
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.