Coastal Virginia has a new Medical Oncology-Hematology Opportunity!
Bon Secours Mercy Health a physician-led multi-specialty group in Hampton Roads, Virginia is currently recruiting for an experienced Medical Oncologist to join their existing practice Bon Secours Medical Oncology. The ideal candidate must have 3-5 years’ experience and be willing to help grow the developing program.
Bon Secours Medical Oncology offers experts in medical oncology and hematology and provides comprehensive, coordinated care to patients diagnosed with cancer or blood disorders.
Our partnership within the Bon Secours Cancer Institute allows us to connect patients and their families to an entire continuum of cancer care. This includes care from the surgeons at Bon Secours Surgical Specialists, radiation oncologists at Bon Secours Oncology Specialists, diagnostic specialists in pathology and radiology, and affiliated cancer physicians.
From minimally invasive surgery and chemotherapy to the latest oncology advances in radiation therapy, patients will receive the most innovative solutions available from a multidisciplinary team of dedicated experts.
As part of the Bon Secours Cancer Institute, we emphasize treating all patients as unique and work
closely with them and their families to develop personalized cancer care plans.
TYPES OF TREATMENTS:
- Specialized care in cancer treatment & survivorship care
- Chemotherapy and immunotherapy
- Diagnosis and treatment of blood disorders
- Diagnosis and treatment of iron deficiencies
We want what is best for each patient, providing personalized cancer care. You can trust us to consistently provide the compassionate, individualized cancer care each patient deserves, every step of the way. We would be happy to provide a consult.
We provide comprehensive, coordinated care to patients diagnosed with cancer or blood disorders. As part of the Bon Secours Cancer Institute, we treat all patients as unique, and work closely with them and their families to develop personalized cancer care plans.
- Office Hours - Monday - Friday (8-4:30pm)
- Average patient volumes 15-20 per day
- Average patients per day 20, Adults and Geriatrics.
- Call coverage is 1 in 3, shared call with other MD and APC.
- Hospital Affiliation: Maryview Medical Center
- Outpatient: Harbour View Medical Center
- A.P.C. support in clinic
- EMR: EPIC inpatient and outpatient
- Candidate must be board certified or board eligible in Hematology & Oncology.
- Participation in Cancer Committee and Weekly Cancer Conferences.
- Mentoring / teaching opportunities available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Full Comprehensive Benefit Package to include:
- Medical Plans, Vision, Dental, Prescription Drugs
- A.P.C support with collaboration earnings
- Life Insurance Options
- Disability Insurance, Short and Long Term
- Wellness Plan
- Flex Spending and HSA
- Allowed Time Off plus holidays
- Competitive Compensation
- Sign-On Bonus
- Relocation Expense
- CME Annual $10,000
- Participate in 457b Plan
The Hampton Roads area of Coastal Virginia offers a beautiful city of over one million that most would consider a cultural hot spot with a bustling, artsy urban downtown and affordable upscale suburbs with top public schools and safe neighborhoods. Known as “One of the Nation’s Top 20 places to educate your child” – Forbes magazine. Hampton Roads is 45 minutes south of historical Williamsburg, 4 hours south of D.C. and 1 hour north of the Outer Banks of North Carolina.
Overall, a great opportunity to live in the affluent suburbs of a lively, affordable city in Virginia while also caring for high-need patient population and earning a top income among physicians in your specialty nationwide.