UVA Health is seeking a Hematologist/Oncologist to join their growing team in Northern Virginia
- UVA Community Health
- Culpeper, Virginia
- Competitive salary with income guarantee, student loan reimbursement, sign on bonus and relocation
- Closing date
- Jan 17, 2023
- Medical Oncologist
- Hematologic Oncology, Medical Oncology
- Full Time
- BC/BE Medical Oncologist, BC/BE Hematologist/Oncologist, MD, MD / PHD, DO
UVA Community Health
Culpeper Medical Center
UVA Community Health is expanding its Oncology services to patients in Northern Virginia. We are seeking a full time Hematologist Oncologist to provide care at our three newly established regional facilities in Culpeper, Haymarket and Manassas Virginia. Our highly trained and skilled UVA cancer experts provide compassionate, individualized care with a multidisciplinary team approach to treatment.
Our high-quality, comprehensive cancer care offers:
- Local access to cutting-edge technology, clinical trials and advanced capabilities from UVA Health System experts right here in the Culpeper community
- Individualized oncology and hematology care from diagnosis through completion of therapy
- Infusion services including chemotherapy, immunotherapy and targeted therapies
- Blood transfusions, iron infusion as well as many other non-oncologic infusions
- Onsite positron emission tomography/computed tomography (PET/CT) scans
- TomoHD: TomoTherapy's unique delivery pattern allows the radiation to conform to the tumor and avoid healthy tissues and organs, resulting in improved outcomes, fewer side effects from treatment and a higher quality of life for patients.
- Skilled staff including radiation and medical oncologists, nurses, social workers and dietitians
- Outpatient practice
- Provider will see between 15-20 patients a day
- Case mix - 50% Hematology, 50% Oncology
- Nightly and Weekend cross coverage; current call is 1:6
- 0-2 Average daily rounding census
- Perform Bone Marrow Biopsies - 20 per year
- Other ancillary services available include Nutrition, Social Work, Chaplain, Smoking Cessation and Patient Advocates
- Opportunity to work with UVA Hem/Onc Fellow
- Board Eligible/Board Certified Hematology and Oncology
- Completed a US Residency program
- Sign on bonus, student loan reimbursement, relocation, annual CME, retirement and generous paid time off
University of Virginia Community Health
The Community Health UVA Partnership strives to make our community a place where everyone is healthy and safe.
Our mission is to increase the trust between community service leaders (both within and outside of UVA) and UVA Health to form partnerships which address MAPP2Health priorities through coordination, communication, sustainable outreach, and resource stewardship in Virginia’s Planning District 10.
The Community Health UVA Partnership was convened to bring together UVA Health leaders offering programs and services in the surrounding communities outside of standard healthcare delivery. To that end, we administer the Community Health Grant Program, which aims to meet the health needs of current and future patients by investing in and partnering with community health organizations.
The group’s highest goal is to work towards building consensus by identifying and exploring the interests of all involved parties and working together toward an outcome that addresses those interests as much as possible.
The coalition will serve as a major forum and network for community service leaders to increase the impact on community health needs as identified in the MAPP2Health.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert