Are you passionate about serving your community? St. Luke’s University Health Network, the region’s largest, most established health system is recruiting Board Certified/ Board Eligible Radiation Oncologists to join a well-developed and multidisciplinary cancer care team at our St. Luke’s Radiation Oncology sites.
St. Luke’s Cancer Center Mission
St. Luke’s Cancer Center builds a compassionate and trusting relationship with patients and families by offering personalized care, quality treatment, prevention programs, clinical research, education, and engagement to reduce the cancer burden in the communities we serve.
Successful candidates should:
- Have a strong commitment to delivering comprehensive and compassionate oncology care within a robust outpatient clinical practice.
- Be dedicated to highest quality multi-disciplinary cancer care and participation in disease specific management teams
- Have excellent communication skills when interacting with patients and their families, colleagues, staff and trainees.
- Have an active interest for scholarly activity, teaching, clinical trials, and clinical research.
Radiation Oncology Division Highlights:
- ACR Accredited
- 7 Radiation Oncologists
- 6 Medical Physicists
- Facility based dosimetry, radiation therapy, nursing and administrative teams
- 4 existing Radiation Oncology locations
- 2 New Locations under construction to open in next year
- Lehigh Valley’s first and only adaptive radiotherapy program
- Current treatment equipment includes Varian True Beams, Varian IX, Varian Ethos, CT simulator, Variseed and Bravos brachytherapy systems, Intrabeam, full array of physics QA technologies, Eclipse treatment planning with autocontouring, ARIA, and Epic EMR.
- Specialized treatments include:
- HDR Brachytherapy
- Linac-based SRS and SBRT
- Liver directed radio-isostopes (Sirspheres and Theraspheres),
- Gamma Tile
- Motion management with surface-guidance technologies
- Multimets treatment program for brain metastases
- Intraoperative radiotherapy
- Newly approved Medical Physics residency program
St. Luke’s Cancer Center Information:
St. Luke’s Cancer Center service line has a long-standing tradition of delivering outstanding comprehensive coordinated multi-disciplinary clinical care and support services. Our team is comprised of specially trained physicians, nurses and other support staff, including patient navigators, nurse navigators, and counselors to help guide, comfort, and empower our patients through their journey. Cancer conferences for multiple cancer disease sites are held weekly to ensure the highest quality coordinated care and screening for genetic testing and clinical trials enrollment. Patients experience the convenience of care close to home provided by dedicated teams providing state-of-the-art care.
We offer a healing arts program, nutrition support, access to rehab and physical therapy, insurance and financial support, clinical trials, genetics testing and counseling, palliative care and support groups to make our patients' health care journeys as seamless and understandable as possible.
- COC accredited Cancer program
- St Luke’s Cancer Center received the National Cancer Institute’s National Clinical Trials High Performance Site Award (2017, 2018).
- St. Luke’s Cancer Center has received five awards from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), a private, nonprofit organization dedicated to improving health care quality. St. Luke’s Cancer center received superior rating for lung cancer surgery results.
In joining St. Luke’s University Health Network you’ll enjoy:
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
- Work/life balance and flexibility
- Exceptional compensation package, starting bonus, and relocation reimbursement
- Rich benefits package including malpractice, health and dental insurance, and generous CME allowance
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities
About St. Luke’s University Health Network
Founded in 1872, St. Luke’s University Health Network (SLUHN) is a fully integrated, regional, non-profit network of 18,000 employees providing services at 12 hospitals and over 300+ outpatient sites. With annual net revenue of $3 billion, the Network’s service area includes 11 counties: Lehigh, Northampton, Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Montgomery, Monroe and Schuylkill counties in Pennsylvania and Warren and Hunterdon counties in New Jersey. To learn more about SLUHN, please visit www.slhn.org
St. Luke’s University Hospital has earned the 100 Top Major Teaching Hospital designation from IBM Watson Health eight times total and six years in a row. St. Luke’s has also been cited by IBM Watson Health as a 50 Top Cardiovascular Program. Utilizing the Epic electronic medical record (EMR) system for both inpatient and outpatient services, the Network is a multi-year recipient of the Most Wired award recognizing the breadth of the SLUHN’s information technology applications such as telehealth, online scheduling and online pricing information. St. Luke’s is also recognized as one of the state’s lowest cost providers
About the Lehigh Valley & Surrounding Areas
Set amid gentle hills and charming country sides, Lehigh Valley, PA is home to Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton, as well as dozens of small towns and picturesque boroughs, parks, trails, and waterways. Steeped in pre-Colonial, Early American, and industrial history, the region’s storied past became its uplifting present, bestowing visitors anything from crayons and craft beer to Martin Guitars and museums, covered bridges, and nationally-recognized events like Musikfest and Christkindlmarkt.
The Lehigh Valley is in close proximity to NYC, Philly, and DC. Outstanding higher education facilities include Lehigh University and Moravian College. Cost of living is low and coupled with minimal congestion; choose among a variety of charming urban, semi-urban and rural communities your family will enjoy calling home. There is easy access to outdoor activities like skiing, snowboarding, white water rafting, and zip lining. The Lehigh Valley encompasses three unique cities in one suburban area. For more information please visit www.discoverlehighvalley.com.
If you are interested in learning more about the opportunity, please contact:
Senior Physician Recruiter
St. Luke’s University Health Network
*We do not sponsor visas