This job is responsible for the strategic planning, administration, and operation of all clinical research activities in the relevant Center of Excellence or clinical area of oversight. Works collaboratively with the AVP Clinical Research, and Research and Clinical Department leadership to establish research priorities and strategic imperatives and to troubleshoot problem areas; represents a point of contact and provides leadership for clinical researchers in matters related to the development, feasibility and conduct of research studies; communicates and interprets Organizational and Department mission, goals and objectives to all stakeholders; and provides leadership and direction in the planning, implementation, and ongoing improvement of all areas of responsibility.
- Ensures quality and service through oversight of policies, procedures, and improvement initiatives
- Ensures financial stability
- Develops strategic business plans that support growth
- Manages, develops, retains and inspires an engaged workforce
- Supports technology infrastructure and system improvement
- Supports development through special projects
- Required - Bachelor's degree in Science in Biosciences, Life Sciences, or Healthcare related field
- Preferred - MD, PharmD, and/or PhD in Life Sciences and/or MBA
- Required - 8 years leadership and/or management in clinical research
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of patient information. Must be proficient with Windows-style applications and keyboard.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally to varying levels of individuals throughout the patient care process.
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of information
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various software packages specific to role and keyboard
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.