Practice Academic Medicine with a Top-Rated Teaching Hospital in the Lush Sonoran Desert with University of Arizona Cancer Center (UACC) in Tucson, AZ
Banner Health and University of Arizona Health Network have come together to form Banner-University Medicine, a health system making state-of-the-art care accessible to all Arizona residents. In Tucson, AZ, Banner-University Medicine is the clinical partner to the University of Arizona Cancer Center (UACC), a National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated comprehensive cancer center dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer through patient care, research, and education.
We are actively recruiting an experienced, board-certified Hematology Oncology / Melanoma Specialist to join our team of oncology physicians in Tucson, Arizona. This is an exciting opportunity to practice in a cutting-edge, clinical multidisciplinary environment alongside active research programs. Candidates should have excellent clinical training and experience in treating patients with melanoma cancers and an interest in clinical research. The hired physician will have the opportunity to develop a specialty clinical practice in academic Melanoma, educate residents and medical students, and conduct innovative clinical and/or basic science research. Primary appointment will be in the Banner-University Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology/Oncology. UA faculty appointment and UACC membership are commensurate with credentials.
Tucson provides a host of professional opportunities, cultural amenities, and recreational activities such as:
- Majestic mountains in every direction and breathtaking sunsets
- Outdoor Adventures: golfing, hiking, biking, horseback riding, swimming, and nearby skiing
- K-12 educational options and the academic excellence of the University of Arizona
- Endless sunshine with no humidity, fresh air, and easy access to the sand and surf of San Diego and Mexico
- Moderate cost of living
Banner University Medical Group offers a generous salary and recruitment incentives, along with an industry-leading benefits package that provides security for you and your family:
- Sign-on/relocation bonus
- Eligible for benefits coverage within 30 days
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and pharmacy plans
- ATO & CME days, with reimbursement
- Paid malpractice, licensure & DEA registration fees
- 401k retirement plan with 4% match after one year of service
- Financial savings resources
- Career advancement and optimal work/life balance
- Employee Discounts
We encourage you to submit your CV to Ande Guzik, Sourcing Strategist at: email@example.com for immediate consideration. Thank you! Visit our website: PracticeWithUs.BannerHealth.com
The safety of our team members and patients is of utmost importance, so Banner is requiring the COVID-19 vaccine for all team members. As members of the healthcare field, we are in the business of caring for people, so we take seriously our commitment to ensure our patients and teams are safeguarded from this rapidly changing and dangerous disease.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.