Hematologist/Medical Oncologist Opportunity in MN Lakes Region
- Essentia Health
- Brainerd, Minnesota
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- Closing date
- Jan 1, 2023
- Medical Oncologist, Hematologist, Oncologist / Hematologist
- Hematologic Oncology, Medical Oncology, Multispecialty
- Full Time
- BC/BE Medical Oncologist, BC/BE Hematologist/Oncologist, MD
Seeking 2 Hematologist/ Medical Oncologists who excel in relationship-based care and support cancer patients in a warm and welcoming setting. You will be joining our current team of two Hematologist/ Medical Oncologists and 2 Oncology Advanced Practice Registered Nurses in a physician led, integrated health system group practice
- Caring and attentive team of support services including genetic counselor, nutrition support, social work, nurse navigation, research nurse, physical rehabilitation, and lymphedema specialists
- Specialty services include on-site Radiation Oncology, Surgery, Interventional Radiology & Cardiology and Palliative Care
- Multidisciplinary Tumor Board Conferences
- Telemedicine/community cancer center included
- Quarterly meetings with Essentia Health Hem/Onc providers. Part of a comprehensive oncology service line through Essentia Health which allows easy access to peer networking and mentorship opportunities with colleagues in Duluth and Fargo
- Essentia Health being a dyad led organization. Physician leadership partnered with Administrative leadership.
- Consultative call only; hospitalists routinely admit and cover patients at night. Approximately 10 days of call a month.
- Average 12 – 15 follow up visits and 1 – 2 new patients per day.
- Outreach possibility after practice established
- Nurse Practitioner run High Risk Breast Program & Survivorship Clinic
- Low Dose CT Lung Cancer Screening program
- 24 chair on-site Ambulatory Infusion Center with an average volume of 40 patient visits per day. Administration of chemotherapy, immunotherapy, supportive medications including antibiotics, iron, IVIG and blood/blood products.
- NCI Community Oncology Research Program grant (NCORP) recipient with access to current, relevant clinical trials
- Professional affiliation with tertiary referral center
- Program accreditations as a Community Cancer Program and the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers by the American College of Surgeons
- Accredited Breast Center of Excellence
- 2020 Chartis Center for Rural Health Top 100 rural and community hospitals award
- CMS Care Compare 4-star rating - 2021
- National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health Overall Excellence in Quality and Patient Satisfaction
- Level III Trauma Center
- Minnesota Department of Health Primary Stroke Center Certification
- Joint Commission Hip Replacement Program – Gold Seal of Approval
- Joint Commission Knee Replacement Program – Gold Seal of Approval
- Baby-Friendly Designation
- Certified as HIMSS EMRAM (Electronic Medical Record Adoption Model) Level 7 for both our Inpatient and Ambulatory facilities
- BC/BE in Hematology
- BC/BE in Medical Oncology
- Brainerd, MN – located at the center of Minnesota, the Heart of the Lakes Area.
- We are a nature-lovers paradise with nationally recognized golf courses, miles of rugged mountain bike switchbacks, race tracks, the longest paved train in Minnesota and an abundancy of lakes to boat, fish or just sit back and relax…enjoying the sunsets.
- Approximately 2 hours from the Twin Cities, Fargo, and Duluth
- Brainerd Lakes Area population: 65,000; Regional service area: 115,000
- For more information about our communities, visit: Welcome to the Brainerd Lakes Area Get Lost in the Adventure (explorebrainerdlakes.com)
Liz Huesman, Physician Recruiter, Physician & Professional Services
Cell: 701-261-6824 | Fax: 218-722-9952
Essentia Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran Status.
Essentia Health is an integrated health system serving patients in Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota and Idaho.
Headquartered in Duluth, Minn., Essentia Health combines the strengths and talents of 14,000 employees, including more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners, who serve our patients and communities through the mission of being called to make a healthy difference in people’s lives.
Essentia Health, which includes many Catholic facilities, is guided by the values of quality, hospitality, respect, justice, stewardship and teamwork. The organization delivers on its promise to be “Here With You” in 15 hospitals, 69 clinics, seven long-term care facilities, two assisted living facilities, four independent living facilities, five ambulance services and one research institute.
Essentia Health is accredited as an Accountable Care Organization by the National Committee for Quality Assurance.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert