Chief Hematology/Oncology Services
Exciting Opportunity for Experienced Physician Leader in Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley.
COORS Leadership Capital has been retained by our client, Augusta Medical Group to identify an entrepreneurial physician leader as the Chief for the Augusta Health Hematology/Oncology Program. The Chief will have the opportunity to develop, create and articulate, a vision of programmatic excellence for the HemOnc program. Partnering with Augusta Health administration, key physician constituents and program leaders, the Chief identifies short and long-term goals and implements strategies required to progress the Augusta Health HemOnc program toward the vision of excellence in multidisciplinary clinical care and innovative clinical research to meet the needs of the patients in Central Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley. The Chief will have a part-time clinical practice with administrative duties while supporting the success of individual providers in the Program.
- MD or DO
- Successful completion of an accredited medical oncology fellowship
- Minimum of five to seven years of clinical experience in an oncology practice setting
- Previous provider leadership experience
- Unrestricted license to practice medicine in Virginia.
- Board Certified.
- Recent participation in the active clinical practice of his/her specialty/sub-specialty.
- Knowledge and experience in working with an academic oncology center.
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in developing clinical research programs.
- Entrepreneurial leader with desire to create an excellent community-based, Hem/Onc practice.
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills, computer/software proficiency.
- Ability to conceptualize, articulate and gain support for a wide range of clinical and clinical research initiatives.
- Proven administrative skills, including financial oversight and operations management, dependability, accountability, and responsibility.
- Proven leadership documented by career track trajectory and promotions history
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
***Excellent and competitive compensation package, sign on bonus, and relocation package***
Nestled in Virginia’s beautiful Shenandoah Valley, the location offers the benefits of country living in a charming community. 30 Minutes to University of Virginia in Charlottesville enhances the cultural and entertainment opportunities. All season outdoor enjoyment opportunities are limitless. Close proximity to top universities, multiple wineries, mountains, and luxurious resorts.
Awards and Recognition
American College of Surgeons, Commission on Cancer (COC)
National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC)
Radiation Oncology Accredited Facility by the American College of Radiology
Interested candidates please submit your information to:
Cheryl Coors, CEO and Stephen Hartz, COO will be interviewing candidates please forward your CV to Info@Coorsleadership.com 800-507-6917.