The Division of Cancer Medicine at Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center (BMDACC) is seeking a full-time Medical Oncologist to join a hybrid, multi-disciplinary program. We are seeking a physician who is passionate about academic excellence and will participate in the clinical and academic activities of the Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center, including outpatient care and research. The successful candidate may be eligible for an adjunct faculty position with MD Anderson Cancer Center & University of Texas-Houston. Previous experience/interest in Head, Neck, and Lung Malignancies is required. Participation in shared call should be expected.
We are seeking candidates who meet the following:
- MD Degree plus excellent clinical training and experience in medical oncology
- Board certification or board eligibility in Medical Oncology
- Work experience is preferred; however new graduates are welcome to apply
- Strong interest in research and practice with head, neck & lung malignancies. Previous experience is preferred, but not required
- Strong interest in clinical research and medical education
The Division of Cancer Medicine is committed to excellence in clinical care, education and research. Division members have excellent opportunities for scholarly activities to ensure rewarding careers and fulfilling lives. This position will be based at the first location to partner with MD Anderson Cancer Center: Banner Health’s Banner Gateway Medical Center in Gilbert, Arizona. This position offers a competitive salary with value and productivity bonuses and a rich benefits package that includes physician wellness and development resources.
Banner Health, the largest healthcare system and employer in Arizona, is ranked in the top 10 healthcare systems nationwide. As a partner member of the MD Anderson Cancer Network®, our cancer program is a fully integrated, clinical extension of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center and brings an unprecedented level of cancer care to the greater Phoenix area. We share a commitment to evidence-based, multidisciplinary, and individualized patient care. Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center in Gilbert, AZ was opened in 2011 and was MD Anderson's first full clinical extension outside of Greater Houston. We have 135+ ongoing clinical trials. Banner MD Anderson has additional locations in Phoenix, AZ, and Northern, CO.
The section of Medical Oncology is an integral part of the Division of Cancer Medicine, a comprehensive team of experts that includes all subspecialties. Joining our program affords an opportunity to enjoy:
- A team approach to care with focused disease-specific expertise in the medical, radiation, and surgical management of the cancer patient
- An evidence-based, multidisciplinary approach to patient care
- Access to clinical trials and new investigative therapies
- State-of-the-art technology for the diagnosis, staging, and treatment of all types of cancer
- Oncology expertise in supportive care services
- Competitive compensation and benefits commensurate with training and experience
- Opportunity for an adjunct faculty position at UT MD Anderson Cancer Center, and an additional opportunity for faculty appointment with the University of Arizona
- Hospital privileges with Banner University Medical Center, an academic medical center with 750 beds. It has full specialty coverage, residencies, and fellowships.
- Abundant recreational opportunities in the highly desired metropolitan area
We encourage you to submit your CV and letter of interest to Scott Brower, Sourcing Strategist at: firstname.lastname@example.org Visit our website at: http://practicewithus.bannerhealth.com/ Please, No Agency Solicitation.
The safety of our team members and patients is of utmost importance, so Banner is requiring the COVID-19 vaccine for all team members. As members of the healthcare field, we are in the business of caring for people, so we take seriously our commitment to ensure our patients and teams are safeguarded from this rapidly changing and dangerous disease.
Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, or veteran status except where such distinction is required by law. All positions at Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center are security-sensitive and subject to examination of criminal history record information. Smoke-free and drug-free environment. Not a J1 opportunity.