The University of Miami is considered among the top tier institutions of higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to attracting a talented workforce to support our common mission of transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity and Teamwork (DIRECCT) we strive to create an environment where everyone contributes in making the University a great place to work. We are one of the largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more than 17,000 faculty and staff from all over the world.
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine seeks a physician who is Board-Certified/Eligible in Gynecologic Oncology to serve as Division Chief.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Active participation in the clinical practice of Gynecologic Oncology, including, but not limited to the University of Miami clinical practice sites and hospitals, Jackson Health System sites, the scope of which will be determined by the Department Chair
- Development of and participation in clinical research in Gynecologic Oncology.
- Teaching of residents, medical and nursing students
- Serve as Division Chief (Associate or Professor Rank)
- Secondary duties will include participation in appropriate departmental committees and administrative matters
- MD degree from a recognized accredited University (or foreign equivalent)
- Board eligibility or board certification
- Research experience is highly desirable, not required
- Physician Scientist with active lab, preferred
- Spanish speaking, a plus
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law.