Medical Oncology Opportunities at the University of Nebraska Medical Center
- University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Omaha, Nebraska
- Highly competitive compensation
- Closing date
- Mar 5, 2023
- Oncologist / Hematologist, Faculty Member
- Leukemia, Medical Oncology, Melanoma, BMT
- Full Time
- BC/BE Medical Oncologist, BC/BE Hematologist/Oncologist, MD, MD / PHD, DO
The Division of Oncology and Hematology at the University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC) in Omaha, NE is excited to announce faculty opportunities for medical oncologists. These are exciting opportunities to join more than 200 oncologists, translational and basic scientists working together fusing science and medicine to speed up breakthroughs in the lab and deliver state of the art care to patients. As part of the Big Ten Cancer Research Consortium, a unique team-research culture drives science rapidly from ideas to treatment-changing paradigms.
The Fred & Pamela Buffett Cancer Center, the only National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center in Nebraska, provides the best in science and clinical practice. Through collaboration between the UNMC’s Oncology/Hematology Division and our hospital partner, Nebraska Medicine, patients experience personalized care based on the latest scientific research.
Multiple Myeloma / BMT
- Nationally known leading multiple myeloma treatment center Opportunities for collaboration for investigator initiated clinical research, and translational research Participate in multidisciplinary patient care teams, inpatient treatment, outpatient care and clinical trials
Leukemia / BMT
- Program averages 150 transplants per year that comprise autologous transplants, allogeneic transplants, syngeneic transplants. and cellular therapies such as CAR-T cell therapy for solid tumors Ranked as one of the busiest adult and pediatric stem cell transplant programs in the world. Potential to serve as Principal Investigator or Co-investigator clinical trials and participate in research focused interdisciplinary teams
- Participation in the multidisciplinary clinical care of patients and the design and conduct of clinical trials Member of the Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology. The Alliance is one of four multidisciplinary cooperative adult cancer treatment groups funded by the National Cancer Institute
Omaha is rated by Forbes magazine as one of the top five best cities to raise a family, yet the cost of living is less than the national average. The successful candidate must be an MD/DO (or equivalent degree) who is board certified/eligible in medical oncology and/or hematology.
Contact Julie M. Vose, M.D., M.B.A. firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. Apply online at https://unmc.peopleadmin.com/postings. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
University of Nebraska Medical Center
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert