Medical Director - Medical Oncology Benefits Management
- Remote - Work At Home - Location Flexible
- $178,630 to $321,560 *range varies by candidate location - Quarterly Bonuses - Benefits Eligible
- Closing date
- May 24, 2023
- Medical Director, Medical Oncologist
- Medical Oncology
- Full Time
- MD, MD / PHD, DO
Clinical Operations Medical Director
Utilization Management of Medical Oncology Benefits
$20,000 Sign On Bonus
Remote/Work From Home - Location flexible within the United States with a preference for CA resident.
AIM Specialty Health is a benefit-management leader in Illinois and a proud member of Elevance Health's family of companies. Our platform delivers significant cost-of-care savings across an expanding set of clinical domains, including radiology, cardiology and oncology.
- Perform physician-level case review, following initial nurse review, of radiation therapy regimens and supportive care.
- Perform physician-level case review, following initial nurse review, of high-tech diagnostic imaging. Imaging modalities include CT, CTA, MRI, MRA, and PET.
- Determine medical necessity of requests using AIM Medical Necessity Guidelines and client-specific health plan medical policy.
- Conduct peer-to-peer discussions with ordering physicians, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners to provide education regarding established guidelines and accepted standards of oncology care.
- Document the pre-certification review in a complete, concise, and accurate manner in the pre-certification computer application.
- Demonstrate and maintain current knowledge of new cancer treatment regimens.
- As necessary, assist pre-certification nurses and other staff in understanding the principles behind appropriate utilization of covered treatments and genetic testing.
- Participate in periodic physician team meetings.
- Demonstrate and maintain knowledge of relevant policies and regulations pertaining to utilization review of oncology care.
- Participate on committees or in work groups as needed for revision of clinical guidelines and/or serve as a subject matter expert.
- Perform first level provider appeals as designated by the client for adverse determinations.
- Obtain additional state licensure based upon business needs.
- Adhere to all AIM Specialty Health Management protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Current unrestricted medical license(s) as a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- Board Certification by American Board of Medical Specialties in Medical Oncology (strongly preferred) or Radiation Oncology.
- 3-5 years of clinical practice experience past fellowship training is desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current practice standards in oncology.
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate computer skills (including MS Office and Outlook), ability to learn new applications.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is $178,630 to $321,560.
Locations: California; Colorado; Nevada; Washington State; Jersey City, NJ; New York City, NY; Ithaca, NY and Westchester County, NY
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws.
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert