Hematologist/Medical Oncologist Opportunity in Economically Thriving Community
- Essentia Health
- Fargo, North Dakota
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- Closing date
- Mar 31, 2023
- Medical Oncologist, Hematologist, Oncologist / Hematologist
- Hematologic Oncology, Medical Oncology, Multispecialty
- Full Time
- BC/BE Medical Oncologist, BC/BE Hematologist/Oncologist, MD
- Excels in the relationship and support of cancer patients in a warm and welcoming setting
- Caring and attentive team of support services including genetic counselor, nutrition support, social work, nurse navigation, behavior therapist and lymphedema specialists
- Specialty services include on-site Radiation Oncology, Interventional Radiology and Palliative Care
- Multidisciplinary Tumor Board Conferences
- Telemedicine/community cancer center included
- NCI Community Oncology Research Program grant (NCORP) recipient with access to current, relevant clinical trials
- Program accreditations as a Comprehensive Community Cancer Program and the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers by the American College of Surgeons
- Essentia Health being a dyad led organization. Physician leadership partnered with Administrative leadership.
- Certified as HIMSS EMRAM (Electronic Medical Record Adoption Model) Level 7 for both our Inpatient and Ambulatory facilities
- Consultative call only; hospitalists routinely admit and cover patients at night
- Average 12-14 follow up visits and 1-2 new patients per day
- Team of 3 MD’s and 1 APC with anticipated future growth
- Includes regional outreach 1 day per week at one of these clinics: Jamestown, Detroit Lakes, Park Rapids, and Fosston
- Approximately 10 days of call a month
- EPIC electronic medical record
- BC/BE Hematology
- BC/BE Medical Oncology
- Experience as a Hem/Oncology Physician
- Centrally located on the border of North Dakota & Minnesota, 4 hours west of Minneapolis/St. Paul
- Fargo-Moorhead population: 180,000
- Regional Service area consists of 25 clinics & 5 hospitals
Liz Huesman, Physician Recruiter, Physician & Professional Services
Cell: 701-261-6824 | Fax: 218-722-9952
Essentia Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Essentia Health is an integrated health system serving patients in Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota and Idaho.
Headquartered in Duluth, Minn., Essentia Health combines the strengths and talents of 14,000 employees, including more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners, who serve our patients and communities through the mission of being called to make a healthy difference in people’s lives.
Essentia Health, which includes many Catholic facilities, is guided by the values of quality, hospitality, respect, justice, stewardship and teamwork. The organization delivers on its promise to be “Here With You” in 15 hospitals, 69 clinics, seven long-term care facilities, two assisted living facilities, four independent living facilities, five ambulance services and one research institute.
Essentia Health is accredited as an Accountable Care Organization by the National Committee for Quality Assurance.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert