Medical Oncologists - City of Hope in Southern California
- City of Hope
- Competitive + excellent benefits (401k with no match requirement)
- Closing date
- Jun 8, 2023
- Medical Oncologist, Oncologist / Hematologist
- Breast, Gastrointestinal, Gynecologic Oncology, Hematologic Oncology, Medical Oncology, Neurologic Oncology, Therapeutic Oncology, Thoracic, Genomics, Lung
- Full Time
- BC/BE Medical Oncologist, MD, MD / PHD, DO
City of Hope Medical Oncology Opportunities
The Department of Medical Oncology and Therapeutics Research at City of Hope is recognized for its clinical and academic excellence. Our world-renowned medical oncologists conduct innovative research to further scientific knowledge and offer patients their best clinical options.
City of Hope is an ever-expanding organization committed to bringing compassionate care to patients across Southern California.
We have several opportunities to join the Department of Medical Oncology in our clinical network.
These positions feature the following:
- Primarily clinical positions working out of an outpatient clinic location, with a multi-specialty care team In case of an extreme urgent need, faculty may be asked to help cover other network sites *(in agreement with the provider, the regional medical director and the Department Chair)
Potential for incentive compensation and an excellent benefits package, including a generous retirement plan City of Hope adds 20% of salary to your retirement account (NOT a match—you don’t contribute a penny) each year; up to a maximum of $61,000 Relocation assistance available Salary Range - $250K - $500K “The salary range listed is exclusively for base compensation for full-time employment and does not include incentive compensation or benefits. Actual compensation will be adjusted for experience, training, hospital/community need and other factors.”
- Advanced fellowship training in Hematology/Oncology
- Board-certified or eligible in medical oncology
- Must have or be eligible to obtain California Medical Licensure
We have opportunities at our clinics located at our Irvine campus in:
- Physician-Leader | Gastrointestinal Medical Oncology 60-80% clinical effort Apply here: Gastrointestinal Medical Oncologist - Irvine
We have opportunities at our clinics located at our Network Sites in:
- Antelope Valley | General Medical Oncology 95% clinical effort
- Corona | General Medical Oncology 80-95% clinical effort
- Apply here: Physician | Medical Oncology | Corona, CA
- Simi Valley/Thousand Oaks | General Medical Oncology 95% clinical effort
- Upland | General Medical Oncology 95% clinical effort
- Apply here: Physician | Medical Oncology | Upland, CA
We have opportunities at our clinics located at our Duarte campus in:
- Associate/Professor Level Division Chief | Breast Medical Oncology and Director of Women’s Cancers Program Apply here: Associate/ Professor Division Chief Breast Medical Oncology and Director of Women's Cancers Program
Associate/Professor Level Physician | Women’s Health (Breast) Medical Oncology 60-80% clinical effort
Assistant Professor Level Physician | Women’s Health (Breast) Medical Oncology 60-80% clinical effort
- Apply here: Assistant Level Breast Medical Oncology
Assistant Professor Level Physician | Women’s Health (Gyn & Breast) Medical Oncology 60-80% clinical effort
- Apply here: Assistant Level Gyn/Breast Medical Oncology
Assistant Professor Level Physician | Clinical Cancer Genomics 60-80% clinical effort
- Apply here: Clinical Cancer Genomics
Associate/Professor Level Physician | Gastrointestinal Medical Oncologist 60-80% clinical effort
Associate Professor Level Physician | Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Program Director 20-40% clinical effort
Assistant/Associate Professor Level Physician | Neurological Medical Oncologist 70-90% clinical effort
Associate-Professor Level Physician | Thoracic Medical Oncology 60-80% clinical effort
Applicants who identify with a historically underrepresented group, including but not limited to Black/African American, Hispanic/Latinx, Indigenous/Native American, Persons of Color, or Women, are encouraged to apply
Who We Are:
City of Hope is dedicated to making a difference in the lives of people with cancer, diabetes, and other serious illnesses. Our mission is to transform the future of health care by turning science into a practical benefit, and hope into reality. We accomplish this by providing outstanding care, conducting innovative research and offering vital education programs focused on eliminating these diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is one of only 51 comprehensive cancer centers in the nation, as designated by the National Cancer Institute. City of Hope has been ranked among the nation’s “Best Hospitals” in cancer by U.S. News and World Report for 14 consecutive years. City of Hope (COH) is a leading research and treatment center for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases located in Duarte, California. Over the last 100 years, City of Hope has built a legacy in Duarte of being a world leader in cancer research, treatment, and prevention. Recently, the organization extended its reach beyond Duarte to include 37 community sites in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino counties, steadily moving it to number one in Southern California for inpatient market share and pushing its capacity limits. In 2018, City of Hope began a transformational journey with ambitious goals in the areas of patient care, value-based care and precision medicine, hematology malignancies, stem cell transplants, and meaningful innovations and cures.
Our community includes research associates, scientists, doctors, nurses, allied health professionals, graduate students, fundraising specialists, marketing professionals, volunteers and an extensive support staff. We are united by our desire to find cures, save lives and transform the future of health. Every discovery we make and every new treatment we create gives people the chance to live longer, better and more fully.
City of Hope continues to be a pioneer of patient centered care and remains committed to its tradition of exceptional care for patients, families and communities. Each day, we live out our credo:
"There is no profit in curing the body, if, in the process, we destroy the soul."
The City of Hope Environment:
We want our employees to enjoy all aspects of their professional and personal lives. Recognizing the value in diverse perspectives, we have programs that leverage engagement by bringing our professional community together. In the City of Hope environment, new employee partnerships thrive, with no barriers to freely sharing knowledge. And, in the same way we view patient care from a broad perspective, City of Hope encourages its employees, too, to enhance their view, by increasing their knowledge continually. Here at City of Hope, you will find great opportunities to provide fulfilling service, and to enjoy workplace satisfaction.
Sunny Southern California
- Enjoy year-round professional sports including NFL, NBA, WNBA, NHL, MLB, and MLS
- Unlimited housing options ranging from suburban to elegant neighborhoods in the heart of the city
- Enjoy miles of pristine beaches in areas such as Huntington, Laguna, Newport, and Santa Monica
- Home to UCSD, UCLA, UCI, USC, Cal Tech, and many other world class universities and colleges
- Our locations enjoy endless dining venues, shopping, world-class museums, galleries, and theaters
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert