Multiple Hematology Oncology Faculty Positions in Coastal Charleston, SC
- The Medical University of South Carolina
- Charleston, South Carolina (US)
- Closing date
- Apr 19, 2023
- Hematologist, Oncologist / Hematologist, Faculty Member
- Breast, Hematologic Oncology, Medical Oncology, Surgical Oncology, BMT
- Full Time
- BC/BE Hematologist/Oncologist, MD
The Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC), is seeking board certified or board eligible hematology oncology physicians to join our Division of Hematology and Oncology. At MUSC, our faculty enjoy rewarding and diverse careers that include involvement in our educational missions and research, as well as the clinical care of patients.
The Hollings Cancer Center is designated by the National Cancer Institute and has state-of-the-art clinical and research facilities including a highly developed clinical trials office with a growing multi-center trials network and Phase I trials program, a robust biorepository and tissue analysis resource, a genomics core, and a cell evaluation and therapy facility. In addition, clinical and translational research at the Hollings Cancer Center and the University is supported by an NIH-funded Clinical and Translational Science Award.
- General Hematology Oncology
- Benign Hematology Oncology (emphasis on Sickle Cell available)
- Breast Oncology Genitourinary and Prostate Oncology
- Malignant Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplant
- Melanoma & Sarcoma Oncology
- Join a highly collaborative team of 20 clinical faculty and 19 APPs
- Participate in inpatient and outpatient services, as well as outreach programs
- Candidates will be expected to supervise fellows, participate in teaching assignments, and mentor students, interns, residents, and fellows
- EPIC medical record platform
- Excellent retirement options, including a pension and optional tax-deferred contributions
- Sovereign immunity malpractice coverage
- 22 days of annual leave, 15 days of sick leave, and 13 paid holidays
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program Qualified Employer
- MUSC Faculty Appointment (commensurate with experience)
Founded in 1824, The Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) continues a long tradition of excellence in education, research, and patient care. MUSC educates and trains more than 3,000 students and 700 residents in six colleges and has nearly 13,000 employees, including approximately 1,500 faculty members. As the state’s only academic health science center and largest non-federal employer in Charleston, the university and its affiliates have collective annual budgets in excess of $2.4 billion, with an annual economic impact of nearly $4 billion and annual research funding in excess of $250 million. MUSC operates a 700-bed medical center, which includes a nationally recognized children's hospital, the NCI-designated Hollings Cancer Center, a Level I trauma center, Institute of Psychiatry, more than 100 outreach locations across the state, and South Carolina’s only transplant center.
Charleston, South Carolina is a city where cobblestone streets weave between confection-colored antebellum mansions, and historic church steeples dot the skyline. It has been named the #1 city in the US multiple times by the readers of Conde Nast Traveler and Travel & Leisure. More than four million people visit our city each year to experience 90 miles of pristine coastline, and enjoy world-class shopping and culinary arts. Our region, which covers more than 3100 square miles, boasts a growing economy, top ranked schools, year-round outdoor activities, and some of the friendliest people in the country.
We invite you to join a team committed to changing what’s possible in healthcare, and to do so in one of the most exciting cities in the country. Please send us your CV, accompanied by your letter of interest for immediate consideration. Your life in Charleston awaits!
The Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) has grown from a small private medical school founded in 1824 into one of the nation’s top academic health science centers, with a 700-bed medical center (MUSC Health) and six colleges. As South Carolina’s only comprehensive academic health center providing a full range of programs in the biomedical sciences, MUSC is engaged in activities statewide. Its campus is located on more than 80 acres in the city of Charleston, with an overall population of about 13,000 clinicians, faculty, staff and students. Nearly 3,000 students in six colleges (Dental Medicine, Graduate Studies, Health Professions, Medicine, Nursing, and Pharmacy) study for degrees at the baccalaureate, masters, doctoral, and other professional levels. The University also provides residency training for more than 500 graduate health professionals. The teaching staff is comprised of more than 1,500 full and part-time faculty.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert