Hematology Oncology Opportunities in Eastern NC
- Eastern NC provides a mild climate, four seasons, and easy access to the coast.
- Closing date
- Jun 4, 2023
- Medical Oncologist, Hematologist, Oncologist / Hematologist
- Hematologic Oncology
- Full Time
- BC/BE Hematologist/Oncologist
ECU Health Physicians and ECU Health Cancer Care, located throughout eastern North Carolina, are expanding their network of care and seeking board eligible or board certified hematology oncologists. Opportunities to practice community-based oncology care are available in Ahoskie, Greenville, Kinston and the Outer Banks of North Carolina. With a mild climate, four seasons, and easy access to the coast eastern North Carolina offers an excellent work-life balance.
- Employment by ECU Health Physicians-Community based practice model
- Established community cancer practices with support from Advanced Practice Providers
- Clinical responsibilities will include the development of treatment plans for newly diagnosed hematology oncology patients and chemotherapy oversight
- Expansive referral network
- Affiliation with an established academic tertiary program in Greenville North Carolina
- Full practice support by ECU Health Physicians
- Monday – Friday schedule with shared call
- Competitive Compensation and Comprehensive Benefits
- For eligible candidates: loan repayment, sign-on bonus, income guarantees, and residency/fellowship paid commitment stipends.
ECU Health is a mission-driven, 1,708-bed academic health care system serving more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is comprised of 13,000 team members, nine hospitals and a physician group that encompasses over 1,100 academic and community providers practicing in over 180 primary and specialty clinics located in more than 130 locations. The flagship ECU Health Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, and ECU Health Maynard Children’s Hospital serve as the primary teaching hospitals for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. ECU Health and the Brody School of Medicine share a combined academic mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina through patient care, education and research.
ECU Health Physicians includes an academic practice model (ECU employment) and a community practice model (health system employment). There is shared leadership and shared services to support the overall group and to ensure alignment for clinical care, research, education and strategy.
This innovative structure creates opportunities within ECU Health Physicians ranging from acute to ambulatory, academic practice to community practice, regional to rural, and everything in between.
Vidant Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician group sponsored by Vidant Health, employs more than 550 providers in more than 100 locations, offering primary and specialty care. The group provides the infrastructure and leadership needed to manage a modern medical practice including processes for billing and collection, group contracting, electronic medical records and other technologies.
About Vidant Health
Across eastern North Carolina, Vidant’s system of care includes 1,708 beds across an academic medical center with two campuses, affiliated with The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University; seven community hospitals; and numerous outpatient facilities, home health, hospice and wellness centers. Vidant Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician and provider group, offers access to more than 500 providers in 100+ practice locations. Visit www.vidanthealth.com.
Check out our excellent work / life balance video – here
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert