- Indiana University Health
- Muncie, Indiana
- contact recruiter for compensation details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date
- Jun 1, 2023
- Oncologist / Hematologist
- Hematologic Oncology
- Full Time
- BC/BE Hematologist/Oncologist, MD, DO
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital has an employment opportunity for a Hematology/Oncology physician to join a well-established practice in Muncie, Indiana. Our Board-Certified Physicians offer an array of comprehensive services including a mix of oncology (40%) and hematology (60%) and treating both benign and malignant tumors. High quality and personalized care are provided at the main hospital in addition to two satellite locations in New Castle and Portland IN. Join our team of supportive and collegial physicians and multidisciplinary teams!
Employment Opportunity Details:
- Full-time- 100% Clinical
- 85% outpatient, 15% inpatient
- Options for teaching medical students and residents, participation in clinical trials and Precision Genomics program
- Shared Call rotation with 6 other physicians
- Support Services for patients available on-site
- Collaboration with Radiation Oncologists
Key responsibilities: Evaluate patient in clinic setting and inpatient environment, formulate a plan of care individualized for the patient, coordinate care with support and ancillary staff, provide evidence based information to multidisciplinary teams to improve patient outcomes, and to utilize practice and patient care standards outlined by facility and accrediting bodies as guide to patient treatment
- Procedures performed: bone marrow aspirates, chemotherapy administration through Ommaya reservoir, thoracentesis, paracentesis, etc.
- Call or text for compensation details
- BC Internal Medicine
- Fellowship training in Hematology and Oncology
- BE Hematology and Oncology
Enjoy an affordable cost of living in Muncie, Indiana while taking advantage of many world-class amenities this community has to offer, including:
- Home of the Ball State University, offering exceptional education, collegiate sports and entertainment
- Arts and culture for all ages at the Muncie Civic Theatre, Minnetrista cultural center, David Owsley Museum of Art, Oakhurst Gardens and the Muncie Symphony Orchestra
- Some of Indiana's top-ranked schools, including the Indiana Academy for Science, Math and Humanities, the Burris Laboratory School and Yorktown Community Schools
- Family friendly activities at the Museum of Art, Muncie Children’s Museum, Planetarium and the National Model Aviation Museum (one of the country’s largest!)
- Local and international cuisine, wineries and breweries
- Go boating, fishing and camping at the Prairie Creek Reservoir, hop on the state’s longest span of recreational trails on the Cardinal Greenways and golf amongst the champions at the Players Club Golf Course or Delaware County Club
- Close proximity to Indianapolis and the top-ranked Indianapolis International Airport
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider opportunities await with Indiana University Health Ball Memorial Physicians.
IU Health Ball Memorial Physicians represents more than 45 medical specialties and is part of the larger Indiana University Health System. The physicians, advanced providers and staff are committed to providing patient-focused, quality care at convenient locations throughout East Central Indiana.
IU Health Ball Memorial Physicians is the largest non-government employer in East Central Indiana, employing nearly 3,000 people (including a clinical staff of more than 400 physicians). We've introduced healthcare to underserved populations and geographic areas such as Upland, New Castle and Hartford City and given consumers choices in their healthcare.
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital, the region’s main campus, is both a teaching hospital and regional tertiary referral center. The Edmund F. Ball Medical Education Center offers the largest physician-teaching program in Indiana outside of Indianapolis, with three residency programs. The hospital is affiliated with the Indianan University School of Medicine and serves as an educational site for the first two years of medical school, and provides low-cost medical care for 25,000 patient visits each year.
As part of Indiana University Health, IU Health Ball Memorial Physicians is a member of Indiana's most comprehensive healthcare system. Our unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine, one of the nation's leading medical schools, gives patients access to innovative treatments and therapies. Our exceptional care and continued excellence have been recognized by U.S. News and World Report for the past 25 years. That means IU Health continues to be ranked among the best healthcare systems in the nation, and the top healthcare system in Indiana.
At IU Health, we are committed to advancing a culture where all people can come together while we work to equitably improve the health of all Hoosiers. Working together, our health system fosters an environment in which differences are respected and valued. With a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is a 350-bed hospital and is designated as a level 3 trauma center. It is both a teaching hospital and a regional tertiary referral center. Over the last decade, the hospital has undergone a $130 million remodel, scheduled for completion in 2022.
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital provides top-quality care and has been awarded with more than 35 top national and international awards to prove its efforts. IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is the first Indiana hospital to receive NIAHO accreditation for compliance with Medicare rules, the first Indiana hospital to earn the American Heart Association Award for stroke care, and the first Indiana hospital to be awarded with ISO 9001:2000 Certification. IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is also the third Indiana hospital to obtain “Baby-Friendly” designation from Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI) for its commitment to infant health.
For 2022-2023, U.S. News and World Report has ranked IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital as high performing six procedures/conditions and as one of the Best Maternity Hospitals.
Since the early 1980s, physicians and staff members have been actively involved in national and international medical research studies, particularly in the areas of oncology, cardiology and coagulation.
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
IU Health is Indiana’s largest and most comprehensive healthcare system, nationally ranked for 25 years in a row by U.S. News & World Report. Our partnership with Indiana University School of Medicine gives our physicians access to leading-edge medicine and research to meet the unique needs of every patient. We are affiliated with the Indiana University Melvin and Bren Simon Cancer Center, the only National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated cancer center in the state and a member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert