Genmab is focused on the creation and development of innovative and differentiated antibody products, with the aim of improving the lives of cancer patients.
The Director, US Medical Affairs Strategy, Hematology will be the subject matter expert responsible for providing medical needs to the development and execution of the US Medical Affairs strategic and tactical plans and support the US medical launch planning, and execution for epcoritamab in close alignment and collaboration with the US Medical Affairs Strategy Lead. This role will report to the Senior Director, US Medical Affairs, Hematology (US Medical Affairs Strategy Lead).
As an integral part of the US Oncology Medical Affairs Team, and in close collaboration with the US MASL and cross-functional partners, the Director, US Medical Affairs Strategy, Hematology will establish and maintain the relationships with the US Key Opinion Leaders and other prioritized external stakeholders. In addition, the Director, US Medical Affairs Hematology will have commercial aptitude and/or experience, including proven ability to translate and align commercial and scientific goals and objectives. He/She will advise on the development of US medical education, publications, and various medical communication tactics. He/she will partner with internal stakeholders to address learning and development needs for the organization related to the TA. He/She will provide input and strategic direction on data generation and life cycle management initiatives.
- Participate in the development and execution of US Medical Affairs Strategy and Plan
- Provide medical monitoring and medical oversight for company sponsored Medical Affairs led interventional and observational clinical trials and real-world data generation
- Support cross-functional launch activities
- Prepare and educate internal and external stakeholders on disease, treatment landscape and asset
- Serve as a medical and content expert for internal and external stakeholders
- Play an integral role in the planning and execution of US advisory boards
- Represent Genmab at key Global and US medical conferences/meetings
- Ensure global and US cross functional collaborations and partnerships to align as One Genmab
- Provide scientific input and strategic direction to the medical affairs data generation plan, including investigator-sponsored trial (IST)/collaborative studies program for an asset/disease
- Lead the execution of the pre-approval access program for hematology
- Provide input for Medical and Promotional Review Committees
- Provide scientific/medical input into local regulatory/reimbursement/policy related documents and interactions
- A doctoral level degree is required; MD is preferred
- Relevant experience in medical affairs, health outcomes, clinical and or translational research in hematology or oncology with 5+ years of academic, clinical practice, and or industry experience highly preferred.
- Industry experience, ideally including recent experience of a successful pre-launch & launch experience within Oncology and/or Hematology
- Ability to think medically and strategically about the short-, mid- and long-term impacts within the oncology health care landscape
- Ability to lead collaboratively across various internal stakeholders and develop trusted partnerships
- A strong ability to interpret and articulate clinical/translational/health economics outcomes research data as well as the oncology clinical development program vision
- Good understanding of compliance and regulatory requirements for pharmaceutical Medical Affairs, R&D and Commercial work
- Fair knowledge of evidence-based medicine concepts, applied biostatistics and health economics are desirable
- Demonstrated organizational skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (including presentation skills) along with excellent judgment and ability to work in a matrix team environment
- Ability to travel to US and occasionally international conferences and meetings, which will include occasional weekend travel
Genmab will offer the successful application a challenging position, where the right candidate will have the opportunity to work with highly specialised people across functions in an informal, multicultural environment, with an aim to make a difference in the lives of people with cancer.
At Genmab, we pride ourselves on our unique culture. We are committed to make a positive impact on the lives of cancer patients. We hypothesize and experiment to seek innovative solutions, no matter the employee’s role; we speak up, empower each other, and embrace change and growth; we respect and celebrate our differences while working as one team. Teamwork and respect are central pillars of Genmab’s culture and we therefore ensure an inclusive, open, and supportive professional work environment across our international locations. Genmab employees work with determination, challenge the status quo and cultivate a growth mindset in everything we do.