Geisinger Medical Center (GMC) - Knapper Clinic in Danville, PA is seeking a BE/BC Internal Medicine Physician for the cancer institute's outpatient Hematology Oncology clinic.
- Work with a team of Hematologists, Medical Oncologists, BMT specialists, Radiation Oncologists, Palliative Medicine physicians, AP’s, Hem/Onc fellows, and internal medicine residents
- Evaluate patients in the Cancer Concern Clinic – patients referred with a mass, enlarged lymph node, or other symptoms that require more evaluation. Working closely with the cancer center team, this physician will guide work up of patients and then hand off to the appropriate Hem/Onc physician or return to PCP.
- Evaluate patients for same-day sick visits
- See benign hematology patients in follow up
- Attend Hematology and Oncology Tumor Boards
- Potential pathway to Hem/Onc fellowship by gaining experience/references in Hem/Onc
Work is typically performed in a clinical and office environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
- KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
- EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
- LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
- INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
- SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.