VP, Global Head Commercialization Model Innovation & Immunology and Inflammation
- Princeton, New Jersey
- Competitive bonus and equity plan. Genmab covers entire cost of medical benefit premiums.
- Closing date
- Jun 9, 2023
- Full Time
- MS, BS
At Genmab, we’re committed to building extra[not]ordinary futures together, by developing antibody products and pioneering, knock-your-socks-off therapies that change the lives of patients and the future of cancer treatment and serious diseases. From our people who are caring, candid, and impact-driven to our business, which is innovative and rooted in science, we believe that being proudly unique, determined to be our best, and authentic is essential to fulfilling our purpose.
Reporting to the SVP, Head of Global Commercial Strategy, the VP, Global Head Commercialization Model Innovation & Immunology and Inflammation (I&I) will create the long-term and integrated commercial innovation vision and strategy for Genmab’s evolving commercial model as well as establish a Genmab’s Commercial I&I TA Unit which will sit alongside the Oncology Unit. With the evolution of our 2030 Genmab Vision to transform the treatment of cancer and other serious diseases through KYSO antibody therapeutics, this role will be critical to helping set the enterprise on the best course to achieve it.
This role will serve as a lead of the commercial innovation function to explore new or optimized opportunities to provide an exceptional end to end experience with Genmab and our KYSO portfolio. This could include but is not limited opportunities in adverse event management, product delivery, customer engagement and others. As Genmab evolves, this role will play a critical role, in collaboration with the COLT to help shape the country operations footprint and ensure a thoughtful and optimal sequence of markets we enter in addition to shaping our commercialization model. It will be important to consider optimal models to bring our medicines to patients across Oncology & I&I as well as across our partnerships in a way that reflects our innovative culture and approach from end to end.
In addition, this position will represent the I & I therapeutic area from a commercial strategy perspective to provide insight and input into business development assessments as well as work closely with the R&D team on the product development process including clinical trial design, clinical endpoints, lifecycle management, and indication strategy & sequencing. The successful candidate will work with the cross functional team including Business Development & Corporate Development, Research & Development, Medical Affairs, Value and Access, Business Insights & Analytics on external assessments, identify and shape key strategic plans for all programs and assets. This will involve conducting commercial analyses, gathering insights from different teams, developing initiatives, addressing long-term commercial issues, and scenario planning. This leader will work also closely with the countries as programs near commercialization.
Finally, this function is responsible for rolling out global marketing, commercial initiatives and preparing products for launch and commercialization of the I&I portfolio in different countries. In addition, this role will partner with the Business Development team on comprehensive assessments of potential complementary assets or companies in I&I.
- Develop and execute a holistic therapeutic area strategic vision to balance near-term and long-term priorities and commit to a course of action to accomplish established goals. Oversight includes assets end-to-end (pipeline to in-line).
- Providing strategic thinking to allow for identification of future market opportunities, review of the franchise portfolio and prioritization of opportunities for internal research, and external opportunities for potential acquisition or partnering.
- Build, lead and develop an industry leading team to deliver on the scope and remit of the therapeutic area
- Direct the development of life cycle plans for compounds from IND stage through loss of exclusivity.
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative market data to generate a deeper understanding of the customer's needs, brand and disease issues and market potential including identifying target and emerging audiences, gaps in current data and to refine strategies. Develop and initiate market research to support strategic decision making.
- As different teams are onboarded, coordinate the activities and resource planning of the global Market Access, Market Research, Patient Advocacy, and Medical groups to align the global strategy and execution of the business plan. Collaborate and be a value-added partner to the country teams to translate the global plan into country specific plans.
- Develop and effectively communicate core branding, marketing messages and product positioning statements.
- Build strong relationships with global KOLs, patient advocacy groups, and key customers to identify customer needs and drive commercial development
- Demonstrate a comprehensive and proficient understanding of indications of interest, current market dynamics and play a key role in decision making across the portfolio.
- Possess a solid understanding of the differences in healthcare and reimbursement environments in various countries. Provide direction on launch sequence across the globe.
- Respond and support the needs of internal and external customers. Consult proactively with key stakeholders to ensure proper pull-through of messaging and marketing campaigns and sharing best practices.
- Oversee global product demand forecasts to Manufacturing.
- Manage global brand marketing budget, individual project budgets and develop annual and long-range sales and expense forecasts. Advise on annual planning, priority setting and budget allocation. Monitors business results against stated objectives and initiates corrective actions.
- Manage, coordinate and serve as a role model and mentor to the product marketing teams and delegate/allocate work as required.
- Works independently as a leader and exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment with agreed objectives and scope.
- Bachelor's degree. Masters degree a plus.
- A minimum of 15+ years sales and marketing combined experience in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical or medical device industries; including 5+ years product management in I&I TAs and Oncology experience. Preferable to have both country and global experience.
- Experienced manager of professionals and function teams
- Self-motivated, and highly energetic individual that will thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment and is results oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to articulate and convey complex data and information concisely to internal and external stakeholders.
- Analytical and forward thinker with strong leadership skills.
- Ability to travel 20-30%.
Be part of the extra[not]ordinary™
Are you caring, candid, impact-driven and determined to make a difference? Join our unstoppable team as we improve the lives of patients through innovative and differentiated antibody therapeutics.
Founded in 1999 in Copenhagen, Denmark, Genmab is an innovative biotech company that has become a leader in antibody biology and innovation. Our product pipeline and next-generation antibody technologies are the result of our strong company culture, a deep passion for innovation, and desire to transform cancer treatment and serious diseases.
When you work with us, you’ll be part of a warm, fun, dynamic community, and team up with some of the best, most authentic individuals in locations around the world, who care deeply and share in a relentless drive to innovate and create transformational medicines. People who are candid, impact-driven, and a little unconventional; who seek out and embrace the opportunity to build new and bold futures within a rapidly growing and innovative biotech company; who bring their full selves to work and show up for each other - rolling up their sleeves to get the job done. This translates into a place where you can be authentically you; are empowered to innovate, build solutions, and execute; feel cared for and supported in growth; and are a critical part of changing the lives of patients around the world through transformative cancer treatment.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert