CHIEF Hem Onc Position in Cincinnati, OH Perfect mix of clinical, leadership, teaching and research
- Veterans' Health Administration
- Veterans Affairs Medical Center Cincinnati, Ohio
- Up to $400,000 per year + benefits
- Closing date
- Jun 9, 2023
- Hematologic Oncology
- Full Time
- BC/BE Medical Oncologist, BC/BE Hematologist/Oncologist, MD
The Cincinnati, OH Veterans Affairs Medical Center is seeking a Hematology/Oncology Section CHIEF. Perfect mix of clinical, leadership, teaching and research!
The Chief provides effective leadership of the clinical operations and staff of the Hematology/Oncology section on a day-to-day basis and works cooperatively with Medical Center management and clinical and administrative employees to move the section toward achieving goals and objectives in patient care, education & research.
Provide direct care to inpatients and outpatients, participate in the clinical education of fellows & graduate medical trainees and pursue research opportunities if desired. Participate in administrative assignments, such as committee membership, including Chair of the Cancer Care Committee. Communicate to staff and leadership to include situational awareness, issue briefs, and weekly huddle with Chief of Medicine.
The VA has been named as one of the Top 5 Best Places to Work in the federal government.
Cincinnati is a family friendly, affordable, metropolitan city with great parks, fine arts, and food scene. With both an urban energy and southern charm, the region has a vibrant and unique culture that flows from the Ohio River to the things to do, landmarks and events all around town. With rich cultural offerings, award-winning family adventures, an ever-expanding art scene, a foodie's paradise, and breweries galore, this is one picturesque river region with much to explore! With major league sports, big-city arts, fun festivals and award-winning attractions, it can be hard to decide what to do in our dynamic river region!
Sign-on Bonus is available!
Annual performance bonus up to an additional $15K per year
Guaranteed salary increases
Licensure: 1 Full & unrestricted license from any US State is permissible to work at this facility
CME: $1,000 per year stipend for reimbursement & 5 days paid absence
Opportunities for research
Minimal call, first call supported by fellows; rotated with 7 other physicians
Malpractice: Liability protection with tail coverage provided
No Physician Employment Contract
26 Days paid vacation PLUS 13 paid sick days per year with unlimited carry over
11 Federal holidays with pay
Federal Retirement Plan
Separate 401K with partial agency match
Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
VA offers a comprehensive total rewards package. VHA Physician Total Rewards.
About the VA
Department of Veterans Affairs is the largest integrated health care provider in the United States, serving over 9 million Veterans annually, with approximately 371,000 full- and part-time employees providing care at 1,314 health care facilities, including 171 VA Medical Centers and 1,126 outpatient sites of care.
More than 7.9 million Veterans, their family members, and survivors are enrolled in the VA health system, with more than 6.3 million seeking treatment each year. Currently, that annual treatment involves 773,600 inpatient visits and 60 million outpatient visits. About 250,000 fulltime employees and 90,000 health professional trainees work in interdisciplinary care teams to deliver those patient services daily.
VA's patient population crosses a wide spectrum of individuals, from elderly World War II Veterans to baby boomer Vietnam Vets, to today's younger heroes who served during the Gulf War era and in the present-day Operations Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom. VA also serves a growing number of women Veterans, who currently account for seven percent of the total Veteran population.
Paid Time Off:
- 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave
- 13 Days paid sick leave each year with no limit on accumulation
- 11 paid Federal holidays per year
- 5 Days paid absence to attend approved CME courses
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA) Lifetime Healthcare Insurance options available
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option
Federal Retirement Plan:
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits, 2) FERS-RAE basic benefits (pension), and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
- How is the pension funded? VA employees automatically contribute 4.4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8.3% of the employee’s salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12.7% of the employee’s salary
- Like the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service. For calendar year 2020, employees under the age of 50 may contribute up to $19,500, while those over age 50 are eligible to make catch-up contributions that allow them to defer up to $25,500.
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension
- In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel Disability Retirement
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years’ service
Apply for CHIEF Hem Onc Position in Cincinnati, OH Perfect mix of clinical, leadership, teaching and research
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert