Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
Seagen, a multi-product global oncology company, is building a sophisticated US Access Marketing capability to develop tailored strategies and tactics to support US reimbursement and patient access. The US Access Marketing team is responsible for strategic planning of value and access for Seagen’s oncology assets, beginning in late-stage development and extending through US commercialization. This work also includes lifecycle planning and access strategy for inline products.
The Director will serve as the US Access Marketing Lead and represent payer insights and requirements on the multi-disciplinary teams for one or more oncology programs. This role will also lead and coordinate cross-functional efforts within Global Value Access (GVA) in order to support all elements of the access planning process. Key cross-functional stakeholders will include colleagues in Marketing, Clinical Development, Medical Affairs, Health Economics & Outcomes research, Regulatory, Operations and US account field teams. This position is based in Bothell, WA and requires a highly motivated individual that is able to work effectively up, down and across the organization to accomplish objectives.
- Lead the US Market Access strategic planning and execution and align with portfolio- and product-level objectives across all payers, and regions in the US. Drive accountability for performance goals
- Provide direction for the development of US Market Access promotional strategy throughout commercialization and ensure alignment across all internal stakeholders (Global Market Access, Global HEOR, Pricing Operations & Analytics, Patient Access, Advocacy & Policy, Trade & Distribution, and US Sales and Marketing, Innovation Center)
- Spearhead the planning process to connect access goals with emerging customer needs (e.g., unmet clinical need, competitive dynamics)
- Ensure ownership and coordination around payer policies, stakeholder economics, and US market trends that affect oncology access
- Conduct payer and access analyses specific; identify best approaches for reporting and tracking throughout the organization
- Ensure consistent field-facing customer tools and messages to support engagement on franchise initiatives, including managing integration into overall commercial and product strategy
- Provide input on US pricing and contracting strategies to align with commercial objectives
- Candidates at the Director level will have a minimum of 8 years of market access experience in biotech or pharmaceutical and a corresponding depth of expertise in all other qualifications. Experience in competitive marketplaces preferred
- Demonstrated success as a cross-functional team leader with strong influencing without formal authority skills
- Demonstrated ability in developing and executing business strategy
- Strong understanding of the payer environment for oncology, including coverage and reimbursement, pricing
- Robust knowledge and experience across franchise marketing, managed markets, and sales management in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- Proven decision-making/recommendation experience regarding pricing & access for pipeline and/or inline products;
- Ability to conduct situation analysis of external pricing and reimbursement environment and synthesize relevant information to develop strategic plans
- Ability to test value messages and value evidence with payers in order to determine the most compelling way in which to demonstrate and communicate product value to payers
- Proven track record in US market access, reimbursement, and access for oncology products in medical benefits
- Demonstrated ability to think and plan strategically, identify strategic options and trade-off; strong analytical skills
- Excellent oral/written communications skills and interpersonal skills
- The preferred location for this position is Bothell WA
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required; MBA, Pharm.D., Ph.D. or other related graduate-level degree preferred
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
The hiring pay range for this position is $209,000 to $270,600 per year based on skills, education and experience relevant to the role. Other components of total compensation include a competitive equity grant at the time of hire (with additional annual grants, and grants upon promotion when applicable), and an annual bonus.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.