Senior Manager Competitive Intelligence
- South San Francisco, California
- The hiring pay range for this position is $135,000 to $175,000 per year
- Closing date
- Jun 10, 2023
- Breast, Clinical Research Oncology, Clinical Trials Research, Dermatologic Oncology, Gastrointestinal, Genitourinary, Gynecologic Oncology, Head and Neck, Hematologic Oncology, Immuno-Oncology, Laboratory-Based Research, Leukemia, Liver, Lymphoma, Medical Oncology, Melanoma, Multispecialty, Neurologic Oncology, Nurse Practitioner, Nursing, Palliative Care, Pancreatic, Pediatric Oncology, Pharmaceutical, Physician Assistant, Preventive Care, Radiation/Radiotherapy, Radiology, Sarcoma, Surgical Oncology, Therapeutic Oncology, Thoracic, Translational Research, Urologic Oncology, Other, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Genomics, Informatics, Medical Clerical/Office, Oncology Administration, Radiation Oncology, Pathology, Rheumatology, Lung, BMT, Cell Therapy, Myeloma
- Full Time
Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
The Sr. Manager, Competitive Intelligence participates actively in Seagen’s commercial and clinical planning by delivering on the company’s competitive intelligence efforts. They provide unbiased, objective, in-depth information and analysis about the market landscape, treatment trends, and competitive products and technologies. This role supports various marketed or pipeline programs, identifying market developments and implications for Seagen and recommending appropriate business strategies and tactics. The position reports to the Director, Competitive Intelligence, and represents the Competitive Intelligence and Global Market Insights function in various cross-functional settings.
- Lead competitive intelligence information gathering, analyses, and communication for various Seagen programs
- Develop and prioritize key intelligence questions
- ability and alignment with co-promote partners
- Runs competitive readiness workshops
- Build coverage plans and coordinate data collection, analysis, and reporting for major conferences
- Seek out new information across disparate sources such as media, financial filings, publications, clinical data presentations, competitive promotional materials, and other sources
- Prepare and send alerts and reports to communicate competitive developments
- Identify and highlight risks, challenges, and opportunities for current and future Seagen business, recommend mitigation strategies and differentiation opportunities
- Organize and facilitate competitive workshops with cross-functional team members within Seagen and with external alliance partners
- Communicate findings with program stakeholders and senior leadership to inform decision making
- Conduct scenario planning to inform clinical development plans – predict potential changes to standard of care in relevant disease segments
- Inform short and long-term sales forecasts by evaluating potential impact of existing competitors and new market entrants
- Contract with external vendors to support data collection and analysis efforts
- 3+ years of experience in biotech/pharmaceuticals and/or consulting, competitive intelligence, market research and analytics is required
- Understanding of pharmaceutical development and commercialization process, as well as industry competitive dynamics
- Oncology knowledge is required
- Superior analytical ability, ability to think strategically, and excellent project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with diverse teams across organizational lines and structures
- Comfort with senior management. Ability to develop understanding of how senior management thinks and makes decisions, can speak their language, and respond to their needs
- Ability to manage ambiguity and uncertainty, act without having the total picture, and effectively pose questions to identify information required for decision-making
- Ability to contribute in cross-functional team meetings and influence cross-functionally in a matrix environment through strong oral/written business communication and presentation skills
- Experience in conducting competitive analyses and generating actionable recommendations
- Familiarity with pharma competitive intelligence data sources and vendor management
- Undergraduate degree in biology/biomedical sciences/pharmacy or related fields is required
- Graduate degree in biomedical sciences, pharmacy and/or business is strongly preferred
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
The hiring pay range for this position is $135,000 to $175,000 per year based on skills, education and experience relevant to the role. Other components of total compensation include a competitive equity grant at the time of hire (with additional annual grants, and grants upon promotion when applicable), and an annual bonus.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Seagen is a global biotechnology company that develops and commercializes transformative cancer therapies. We’re driven by a singular mission—to make a difference for people impacted by cancer.
As an industry leader in antibody–drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered the science of harnessing antibodies designed to deliver cell-killing agents to cancer cells. Three of our four approved medicines are built on this technology.
We also focus our research efforts on novel targeted small molecule therapies. In addition, we are leveraging our expertise in empowered antibodies to build a portfolio of proprietary immuno-oncology agents.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert