St. Luke’s University Health Network, the region’s largest, most established health system is seeking Experienced Board-Certified Oncologists who have a proven clinical, research and administrative track records that are interested in leading a disease site subspecialty program.
St. Luke’s Cancer Center Mission
St. Luke’s Cancer Center builds a compassionate and trusting relationship with patients and families by offering personalized care, quality treatment, prevention programs, clinical research, education, and engagement to reduce the cancer burden in the communities we serve.
Successful candidates should:
- Have excellent communication skills and a commitment to delivering comprehensive and compassionate oncology care within their robust outpatient and clinical practice.
- An interest in scholarly activity, teaching, clinical trials, and clinical research.
- A subspecialty interest in a specific tumor type to become part of a multidisciplinary team is preferred.
- We are a COC accredited Oncology program
- Established fellowship program with 2 Hematology/Oncology fellows
- SLUHN Cancer Center received the National Cancer Institute’s National Clinical Trials High Performance Site Award (2017, 2018).
- Recently, St. Luke’s Cancer Center has received five awards from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), a private, nonprofit organization dedicated to improving health care quality. St. Luke’s Cancer center also received superior rating for lung cancer surgery results.
- The St. Luke’s Oncology department has a long-standing tradition of delivering clinical care. Our team is comprised of specially trained individuals including patient navigators, nurse navigators, and counselors to help guide, comfort, and empower our patients through their journey.
- We also offer a healing arts program, nutrition support, access to rehab and physical therapy, insurance and financial support, clinical trials, and support groups to make our patients health care journeys as easy and understandable as possible.
In joining St. Luke’s University Health Network you’ll enjoy:
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
- Work/life balance and flexibility
- Exceptional compensation package, starting bonus, and relocation reimbursement
- Rich benefits package including malpractice, health and dental insurance, and generous CME allowance
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities
About St. Luke’s University Health Network
Founded in 1872, St. Luke’s University Health Network (SLUHN) is a fully integrated, regional, non-profit network of 18,000 employees providing services at 12 hospitals and over 300+ outpatient sites. With annual net revenue of $3 billion, the Network’s service area includes 11 counties: Lehigh, Northampton, Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Montgomery, Monroe and Schuylkill counties in Pennsylvania and Warren and Hunterdon counties in New Jersey. To learn more about SLUHN, please visit www.slhn.org
St. Luke’s University Hospital has earned the 100 Top Major Teaching Hospital designation from IBM Watson Health eight times total and six years in a row. St. Luke’s has also been cited by IBM Watson Health as a 50 Top Cardiovascular Program. Utilizing the Epic electronic medical record (EMR) system for both inpatient and outpatient services, the Network is a multi-year recipient of the Most Wired award recognizing the breadth of the SLUHN’s information technology applications such as telehealth, online scheduling and online pricing information. St. Luke’s is also recognized as one of the state’s lowest cost providers
About the Lehigh Valley & Surrounding Areas
Set amid gentle hills and charming country sides, Lehigh Valley, PA is home to Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton, as well as dozens of small towns and picturesque boroughs, parks, trails, and waterways. Steeped in pre-Colonial, Early American, and industrial history, the region’s storied past became its uplifting present, bestowing visitors anything from crayons and craft beer to Martin Guitars and museums, covered bridges, and nationally-recognized events like Musikfest and Christkindlmarkt.
The Lehigh Valley is in close proximity to NYC, Philly, and DC. Outstanding higher education facilities include Lehigh University and Moravian College. Cost of living is low and coupled with minimal congestion; choose among a variety of charming urban, semi-urban and rural communities your family will enjoy calling home. There is easy access to outdoor activities like skiing, snowboarding, white water rafting, and zip lining. The Lehigh Valley encompasses three unique cities in one suburban area. For more information please visit www.discoverlehighvalley.com.
If you are interested in learning more about the opportunity, please contact:
Sr. Physician Talent Acquisition Specialist
St. Luke’s University Health Network
*We do not sponsor visas