Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
The Translational Pathology Biomarker Testing Laboratory (TPBTL) within Seagen’s Translational Sciences organization is seeking a highly motivated, multidisciplinary, Sr. Scientist, to develop, implement, and execute biomarker testing for Seagen’s drug programs that have progressed to early phase clinical development.
The Sr. Scientist will lead the development of novel immunohistochemistry (IHC) and in situ hybridization (ISH) assays on automated platforms for use in early phase clinical testing. Additional technologies would include, but not limited to, Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS), multiplexing (brightfield and fluorescence), and image analysis.
The Sr. Scientist will work in a dynamic, cross functional team that includes pathologists, program managers, clinical technicians, data management, quality, regulatory, and management.
- Under the supervision of the Associate Director, Assay Development and Transfer, the Sr. Scientist will develop and validate novel assays, as well as utilize a variety of molecular and imaging technologies to support testing in our development and clinical laboratory
- In addition to executing laboratory research, the Sr. Scientist’s responsibilities include communicating with internal partners regarding experimental design, technical feasibility, data generation, data interpretation, project status, and reports. Additional duties would include maintaining laboratory equipment, reagent inventory, ordering supplies, and other general laboratory tasks
- Additionally, this position will support clinical testing in our CLIA-certified, CAP-accredited laboratory by assisting with specimen accessioning, testing, imaging, data analysis, quality control, documentation, report writing, and other tasks, as needed
- The Sr. Scientist will function with a high degree of independence in daily work and will lead the design and interpretation of experiments. They will provide experimental expertise to support joint project teams, provide data and partial (co-) authorship on group reports and scientific publications. They may train and mentor other employees and/or interns
- Candidate must possess a commitment to excellence and quality for patients
- Immunohistochemistry (IHC) and in situ hybridization (ISH) assay development, and validation. Experience in multiplexing and/or fluorescent IHC, a plus
- Daily use of microscopes and imaging systems including commercial image analysis software packages
- Independently plan and execute laboratory experiments, collect data, and communicate and present results to program teams
- Experience in other molecular techniques and technologies, such as: PCR, cell culture, probe design, western blot, NGS, etc.
- Maintains current and broad knowledge in Molecular & Cellular Biology, Cancer Biology, and Pathology, and serves as an in-house subject matter expert
- Collect, analyze, and synthesize data into presentations, posters, and reports
- Assist in writing, following, and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures
- Works in a regulated environment associated with maintaining a high performing CLIA-certified, CAP-accredited laboratory. Responsible for ordering and maintaining reagents and supplies, instrument maintenance, and general lab duties
- Experience in developing and writing standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Provide technical and scientific support as subject matter expert (SME)
- Lead root cause investigations pertaining to clinical testing
- Lead new technology assessments and implementation for use in early phase clinical testing
- Maintains a great team culture, participates in department initiatives, and seeks career development opportunities
- PhD with 3+ years relevant experience; or equivalent, such as M.S. with 8+ years relevant experience
- Degree in relevant scientific discipline
- Experience in developing Immunohistochemistry or in situ hybridization assays
- Experience with molecular techniques (DNA/RNA extraction, next-generation sequencing)
- Experience working in a regulated clinical laboratory, CLIA and/or CAP environment is strongly preferred
- Use of microscopes, imaging systems, image analysis software
- Experience in multiplexing and/or fluorescent IHC, a plus
- Assay development using automated platforms
- Data management, data analysis, and statistical software packages
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
The hiring pay range for this position is $133,000 to $172,000 per year based on skills, education and experience relevant to the role. Other components of total compensation include a competitive equity grant at the time of hire (with additional annual grants, and grants upon promotion when applicable), and an annual bonus.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.