Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
Seagen is seeking a highly collaborative Principal Scientist with a strong background in cancer biology to lead research activities supporting our clinical programs. This individual will represent Research on cross functional project teams supporting pre-IND and clinical stage molecules. The successful candidate will be a skilled cancer biologist that can provide leadership and oversight in the execution of studies that directly contribute to the clinical strategy for Seagen’s therapeutics. They should have a sustained record of being a project leader, rigorous scientist, team player, strategic thinker, and an effective communicator.
- Develops and implements research plans aimed at expanding our understanding of therapeutic MOAs, predictors of sensitivity and resistance and combination strategies as they emerge and evolve
- Identifies critical path experiments aligned with research and development project team goals
- Prioritizes resources in alignment with research leadership team
- Leads cross-functional/interdepartmental research activities that support regulatory filings and expanded clinical opportunities
- Ensures pharmacology studies are appropriately documented and summarized for regulatory filings
- Collaborates with clinical and translational sciences to help guide the clinical development strategy for novel therapeutics
- Communicates learnings from translational and clinical studies to therapeutic design research group to maximize the potential of discovery pre-clinical molecules
- Presents research at scientific conferences, key contributor to regulatory documents and peer reviewed publications
- May provide research support/oversight for external collaborations and/or MTAs and represent research on advisory boards
- PhD or equivalent experience in cancer biology or related field with 5+ years of progressive experience leading therapeutic oncology projects focused on discovery and/or drug development
- Experience supporting research for IND-track research projects and/or clinical programs
- Strong knowledge and expertise in cancer biology research techniques
- Expertise designing and implementing in vitro and in vivo assays to understand mechanism of action and drug resistance for cancer therapeutics
- Demonstrated record of publications and/or presentations at scientific conferences
- Knowledge of ADCs and/or therapeutic antibodies
- Experience leading or contributing core technical expertise to multiple project teams
- Ability to identify and plan critical path experiments in alignment with team objectives
- Demonstrated ability to plan, manage and organize work across multiple projects simultaneously
- Uses critical thinking to solve complex problems, address challenges, overcome obstacles and plan for the future
- Highly effective interpersonal skills, ability to identify and absorb critical information and convey it to relevant stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of audiences
- Strong collaborator with ability to function across teams and a variety of disciplines
- Strong management and mentoring skills
- Ability to gain support and commitment for research plans using compelling rationale
- Ability to recognize and deliver on key department and project objectives
- Ability to adapt and adjust to a rapidly evolving environment
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
The hiring pay range for this position is $149,000 to $192,500 per year based on skills, education and experience relevant to the role. Other components of total compensation include a competitive equity grant at the time of hire (with additional annual grants, and grants upon promotion when applicable), and an annual bonus.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.