Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
The Sr. Director, Scientific Platform Group will lead a team of scientists and engineers responsible for developing and managing scientific platforms within the Core Research and Technology (CRT) as part of Seagen’s Research Division. The ideal candidate will have a strong scientific background and experience leading cross-functional teams to develop and deliver innovative platform technologies to support drug discovery and development.
- Lead and manage a team of scientists and engineers focused on developing and managing scientific platforms within the organization
- Collaborate closely with the VP CRT and other senior leaders to develop and implement the overall scientific platform strategy for the organization
- Develop and manage budgets, timelines, and resource allocations for scientific platform projects and initiatives
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including Research, Translational sciences, and development, to ensure seamless integration of platform technologies into drug discovery and development workflows
- Identify, evaluate, and implement emerging technologies and tools to enhance scientific platform capabilities
- Establish and maintain relationships with external partners and vendors to support platform development and implementation
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements and company policies
- PhD in a relevant scientific field (e.g., biochemistry, chemistry, molecular biology, etc.) with 10+ years of experience leading scientific teams in a biotech or pharmaceutical company
- Strong scientific background with a proven track record of developing and delivering innovative platform technologies to support drug discovery and development
- Experience managing budgets, timelines, and resources for scientific projects and initiatives
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to lead and motivate teams of scientists and engineers
- Strong strategic thinking skills, with the ability to develop and implement a cohesive platform strategy that supports the overall mission of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including cross-functional teams and external partners/vendors
- Practical experience across research division to take ideas to FIH in the biotech or pharmaceutical industries
- MBA or relevant experience working with senior leadership to align and develop platform capabilities to define and deliver strategy
- Change Management experience would be beneficial
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group, and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
The hiring pay range for this position is $236,000 - $306,000 per year based on skills, education, and experience relevant to the role. Other components of total compensation include a competitive equity grant at the time of hire (with additional annual grants, and grants upon promotion when applicable), and an annual bonus.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.