Senior Medical Science Liaison
- Bothell, Washington State
- The hiring pay range for this position is $176,000 to $228,000 per year
- Closing date
- Jun 11, 2023
- Senior Medical Scientist and / or Liaison
- Breast, Clinical Research Oncology, Clinical Trials Research, Dermatologic Oncology, Gastrointestinal, Genitourinary, Gynecologic Oncology, Head and Neck, Hematologic Oncology, Immuno-Oncology, Laboratory-Based Research, Leukemia, Liver, Lymphoma, Medical Oncology, Melanoma, Multispecialty, Neurologic Oncology, Nurse Practitioner, Nursing, Palliative Care, Pancreatic, Pediatric Oncology, Pharmaceutical, Physician Assistant, Preventive Care, Radiation/Radiotherapy, Radiology, Sarcoma, Surgical Oncology, Therapeutic Oncology, Thoracic, Translational Research, Urologic Oncology, Other, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Genomics, Informatics, Medical Clerical/Office, Oncology Administration, Radiation Oncology, Pathology, Rheumatology, Lung, BMT, Cell Therapy, Myeloma
- Full Time
- MD, PHD, MD / PHD, PhD in Computational Biology, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics
Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
The MSL is a field-based scientist responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with investigators and Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) to support ADCETRIS and the Seagen pipeline. This role comes with high visibility in our company with critical cross-functional relationships across Medical Affairs, Clinical Development, and Commercial.
- Identify and develop peer-level relationships with key opinion leaders, physicians, nurses, and pharmacists within assigned territory
- Perform assigned liaison tasks to support corporate-sponsored trial awareness and patient accrual timelines
- Execute scientific presentations one-on-one and with groups
- Facilitate scientific discussions in the field and work with other in-house and field partners to facilitate ongoing information/ clinical data sharing
- Execute conference strategy, including staffing of scientific exhibit booths at major conferences and regional clinical meetings
- Act as key liaison for all aspects in the support of investigator sponsored trials (ISTs)
- Support planning and execution of advisory boards
- Partner and collaborate effectively with internal business partners, especially with members of the clinical and medical teams
- Stay abreast of emerging scientific literature/ clinical data, provide scientific analysis, and translate the data into applicable knowledge
- A minimum of 2-5 years of biotechnology or life sciences experience, preferably in the hematology/oncology setting
- An advanced doctoral degree (MD, PhD, or PharmD) and prior MSL experience preferred
- Candidate should have outstanding communication, presentation, interpersonal skills, and experience in providing evidence-based scientific / clinical information to the medical
- The candidate should also demonstrate a leadership style that fits within the Seagen culture. The successful candidate will work within the highest standards of health care compliance, demonstrate the highest integrity and ethical behavior, maintain mutual respect for colleagues, have a true passion for science and making a difference in patient's lives, work collaboratively within teams, use resources carefully, and contribute to a great place to work and grow
- Up to 60% regional travel. It is highly preferred that candidates currently reside within the territory of Texas and New Mexico
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
The hiring pay range for this position is $176,000 to $228,000 per year based on skills, education and experience relevant to the role. Other components of total compensation include a competitive equity grant at the time of hire (with additional annual grants, and grants upon promotion when applicable), and an annual bonus.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Seagen is a global biotechnology company that develops and commercializes transformative cancer therapies. We’re driven by a singular mission—to make a difference for people impacted by cancer.
As an industry leader in antibody–drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered the science of harnessing antibodies designed to deliver cell-killing agents to cancer cells. Three of our four approved medicines are built on this technology.
We also focus our research efforts on novel targeted small molecule therapies. In addition, we are leveraging our expertise in empowered antibodies to build a portfolio of proprietary immuno-oncology agents.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert