Leading the future of health care
Kaiser Permanente / The Permanente Medical Group
The Permanente Medical Group, Inc. (TPMG - Kaiser Permanente Northern California) is one of the largest multispecialty medical groups in the nation with over 9,500 physicians, 22 medical centers, numerous clinics throughout Northern and Central California and a 75-year tradition of providing quality medical care. We partner exclusively with Kaiser Permanente Health Plan to provide comprehensive care to a diverse population of 4 million members in a fully integrated health care setting.
We are currently seeking a BC/BE Pediatric Hematologist/Oncologist to join our growing pediatric specialty group in Roseville, California. Responsibilities for this clinical position include attending in inpatient and outpatient pediatric settings, consultations for general pediatricians, and educational opportunities for medical students, including CME talks for general pediatricians and family practice providers. The candidate should have excellent communication and teaching skills. The candidate should have completed a fellowship in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology and be BE/BC in Pediatric Hematology and Oncology with ample clinical experience in both benign and malignant hematology, sickle cell, Hemophilia, wide-spectrum of solid tumors, including all brain tumors .
Kaiser Permanente Roseville is an active COG member with over 65 active oncology patients/year. Our thriving hematology practice consists of approximately 78 active sickle cell patients, 28 hemophilia patients, 100-110 patients followed off therapy for cancer and post-stem cell transplant, and 275-300 patients with bleeding disorders, thrombosis, neutropenias, ITP and bone marrow failure. We collaborate with colleagues to foster a multidisciplinary approach, including participation in monthly pediatric oncology tumor board and comprehensive sickle cell and hemophilia clinics.
We are an established Pediatric Hematology/Oncology program based at our Roseville Medical Center, which includes physicians, case managers, social workers, child life, and support staff. We are a fully integrated program, with electronic medical records, and an innovative and patient care focused environment. The inpatient setting includes a 60-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, 32-bed Pediatric Unit and a 10-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit staffed 24/7 by Pediatric Hospitalists and Pediatric Critical Care/Intensivists. We work collaboratively with our Pediatric, Surgical and Subspecialty colleagues.
Kaiser Permanente and TPMG are committed to Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, encouraging all People of color and members of the LGBTQ community to apply.
THE SACRAMENTO AREA OFFERS:
- Being in the large and picturesque Sacramento metropolitan area
- Proximity to the San Francisco Bay Area, Napa Valley, Lake Tahoe, and Yosemite
- The pleasant weather allows for multiple outdoor recreational activities year around
- Excellent cultural opportunities, professional sports, and great schools
- High quality and attractive lifestyle with a lower cost of living and scenic surroundings
A FEW REASONS TO CONSIDER A PRACTICE WITH TPMG:
- Work-life balance focused practice, including flexible schedules and unmatched practice support.
- We can focus on providing excellent patient care without managing overhead and billing. No RVUs!
- We demonstrate our commitment to a culture of equity, inclusion, and diversity by hiring physicians that reflect and celebrate the diversity of people and cultures. We practice in an environment with patients at the center and deliver culturally responsive and compassionate care to our member populations.
- Collaboration amongst primary and specialty care with a mission-driven integrated health care delivery model.
- An outstanding electronic medical record system that allows flexibility in patient management.
- We have a very rich and comprehensive Physician Health & Wellness Program.
- We are Physician-led and develop our own leaders.
- Professional development opportunities in teaching, research, mentorship, physician leadership, and community service.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including comprehensive vision, medical, and dental
- Interest Free Home Loan Program up to $250,000 (approval required)
- Relocation Assistance up to $10,000 (approval required)
- Malpractice and Tail Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Optional Long-Term Care Insurance
- Paid holidays, sick leave, and education leave
- Shareholder track
- Three retirement plans, including a pension plan and 401(k)
Full-time annual salary range is $277,000 to $285,600 plus additional potential incentives up to $26,100*. Reduced schedules with pro-rated compensation may be available. *Some incentive opportunities are estimates based on potential premium pay.
For more information or to apply, please visit: https://northerncalifornia.permanente.org/careers/.
You may also contact and/or send CV to Judy Padilla at: Judy.G.Padilla@kp.org or call: 510-625-5915. We are an EOE/AA/M/F/D/V Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Connect With Us: