The Division of Hematology & Oncology at the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) is seeking BC/BE Medical Hematologists/Oncologists to work full-time at their hospital in Orangeburg, SC. Physicians in this clinical practice will work to coordinate patient care and manage the treatment of cancer diagnoses and hematology conditions in collaboration with providers in MUSC’s Division of Hematology & Oncology located at Hollings Cancer Center (HCC).
This community-based practice uses a streamlined, multidisciplinary approach to provide high quality, compassionate care to patients in Orangeburg and the surrounding communities. Join a team of driven providers that is dedicated to making transformational cancer treatment more widely available to patients throughout South Carolina.
About the opportunity:
- Candidates must be BC/BE in Medical Hematology/Oncology
- One location – Mabry Cancer Center, located on the Hospital Campus
- Approx. 20 patients a day
- Call is rotated through physicians (patient calls only; no urgent consults after hours;)
- No hospital coverage required
- Approx. 60% Oncology and 40% Hematology
- On-site Lab and Pharmacy
- Chair infusion suite
- Rad/Onc physician on-site
- Well-established, collaborative team
- Community-based practice serving a unique patient population
- Service area population of approx. 83,000
- Providers have the opportunity to live outside the greater Orangeburg area and commute to work
We will provide:
- Competitive compensation $35,000 Commencement Bonus
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) eligibility
- Occurrence malpractice coverage Employer-funded retirement plan $5,000 CME allowance + 5 days off Affiliate faculty appointment, and access to the resources which accompany an academic medical center
H.F Mabry Cancer Center at MUSC Health - Orangeburg
Accredited by the Commission on Cancer (CoC), H.F. Mabry Cancer Center takes a multidisciplinary approach to cancer treatment that includes collaboration among surgeons, medical and radiation oncologists, diagnostic radiologists, pathologists and other cancer specialists to formulate the best, most effective treatment plans for patients.