Medical Oncologist, Gastrointestinal and Genitourinary Oncology
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Los Angeles, California
- Competitive total compensation
- Closing date
- Aug 17, 2023
- Medical Oncologist
- Gastrointestinal, Genitourinary, Medical Oncology
- BC/BE Medical Oncologist, MD
Join us as a Medical Oncologist,
Gastrointestinal and Genitourinary Oncology.
Join our cancer enterprise at Cedars-Sinai Cancer during a transformational period of growth and help us achieve our goal of becoming a top tier nationally recognized Cancer Center. Ranked by US News & World Report as the #2 Best Hospital Nationally in 2022-2023, Cedars-Sinai Cancer is seeking a Medical Oncologist who will focus on gastrointestinal and genitourinary oncology and the development of translational research and clinical trials for the treatment of these diseases.
Cedars-Sinai Cancer invites applications for a Medical Oncologist at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. The Medical Oncologist will have programmatic, clinical, administrative, academic and research leadership responsibilities for the program. The Medical Oncologist will lead the development and sustainment of a diverse clinical research portfolio, including investigator-initiated, cooperative group and industry trials through collaboration with basic scientists and translational researchers. The Medical Oncologist will collaborate with other faculty within the Division of Medical Oncology, Cedars-Sinai Cancer, and participate in educational, research, and community outreach and engagement activities that are in alignment with departmental/divisional and Cedars-Sinai Cancer priorities.
Staffed by knowledgeable and specialized clinicians and research personnel, the gastrointestinal and genitourinary oncology team is committed to best-in-class patient care, innovative research, and ongoing education in gastrointestinal and genitourinary oncology. Our team is comprised of a dedicated group of medical surgical and radiation oncologist clinician investigators and physician-scientists working together to advance research efforts related to gastrointestinal and genitourinary oncology.
Are you right for this role? A successful candidate has:
- training and success in the practice of medical oncology
- dedication to best-in-class patient care
- a demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of colleagues, organizations and leaders, and
- a track record of high-quality teaching and mentoring of physician trainees
Interested candidates should apply by sending their CV, a cover letter, as well as names of three references to Karen Reckamp, MD MS at Cedars-Sinai Cancer on http://apply.interfolio.com/122930
At Cedars-Sinai Medical Center we are proud of our diverse team and inclusive work environment. We are committed to recruiting, selecting, and retaining an engaged workforce from many backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences at all levels of the organization, including age, gender identity, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal and state law.
We seek applications from exceptional investigators conducting research on cancer in the context of lifestyle and metabolic risk factors.
In this role, you will:
- Provides patient care services with a focus in gastrointestinal and genitourinary cancers
- Contributes to the programmatic, clinical, administrative, academic and research aspects of the gastrointestinal and genitourinary oncology program with partners in Surgical and Radiation Oncology
- Participates in gastrointestinal and genitourinary oncology research program that extends across our enterprise health system
- Contributes to cancer therapeutic guidelines
- Focusing on gastrointestinal and genitourinary oncology, the position will build on the reputation and clinical trials portfolio
- Develops new and innovative research programs that will serve to improve cancer outcomes in the field of gastrointestinal and genitourinary oncology
- Conceives, prepares, and submits grant and contract proposals as principal investigator to support a cancer research program in gastrointestinal and genitourinary oncology
- Participates as Investigator or Co-Investigator on research studies
- Obtains extramural funding for research projects and/or clinical trials
- Participates in center activities including speaking engagements, committee appointments and public or community outreach opportunities
- Participates and contributes to the education and teaching initiatives of Cedars-Sinai Cancer
- MD degree required
- Board Certification in Internal Medicine and Board certification in the subspecialty of Medical Oncology.
- Unrestricted California license as Physician
- A track record of excellence in clinical research, teaching, patient care, and administration.
- Computer competency comprised of a working knowledge of Windows and/or comparable operating system that sufficiently provides for access to patient and other business information.
About Cedars-Sinai Cancer
Ranked by US News & World Report as the #2 Best Hospital Nationally in 2022-2023, the Cedars-Sinai Cancer program sees over 4800 new cases of cancer per year and is part of the Cedars-Sinai Health System, a rapidly expanding vertically integrated health system with practices located in Southern California, including Cedars-Sinai Cancer Beverly Hills, The Angeles Clinic and Research Institute, Cedars-Sinai Valley Oncology Medical Group, Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey hospital, Hunt Cancer Institute at Torrance Memorial, the Huntington Cancer Center, and Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
Cedars-Sinai Cancer continues to pursue excellence with plans to greatly expand and sharpen the focus of its basic and translational research programs and its studies of cancer in the context of lifestyle/metabolic factors, with focus on improving cancer outcomes and helping to change behaviors that encourage cancer survivorship.
Along with caring for patients, Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a top 10 academic medical center for NIH funding with over $200M in extramural research grant funding. As the largest academic medical center in the western United States, Cedars-Sinai is also training the next generation of physicians, researchers, and allied health professionals. Physicians and scientists at Cedars-Sinai are actively engaged in translational research to bring medical advancements directly from the laboratory to the bedside.
A commitment to meeting the community's health needs has been a defining quality of Cedars-Sinai since the beginning - from the opening of the 12-bed Kaspare Cohn Hospital in Angeleno Heights in 1902 to what is now a world-renowned, nonprofit academic medical center with 890 licensed beds.
Ranked by US News & World Report as the #2 Best Hospital, #1 in California, and #2 in the Nation in 2022-2023, Cedars-Sinai is a leader in providing high-quality healthcare encompassing primary care, specialized medicine and research. Since 1902, Cedars-Sinai has evolved to meet the needs of one of the most diverse regions in the nation, setting standards in quality and innovative patient care, research, teaching, and community service. Today, Cedars-Sinai is known for its national leadership in transforming healthcare for the benefit of patients. Cedars-Sinai impacts the future of healthcare by developing new approaches to treatment and educating tomorrow's health professionals. Additionally, Cedars-Sinai demonstrates a commitment to the community through programs that improve the health of its most vulnerable residents.
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other incentive programs for our employees. The total pay range shown takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This total pay range includes any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role. We also offer a comprehensive faculty benefits package.
Pay Range: $256,491 - $603,997 total cash compensation
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert