Senior Director, Head of Genmab Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
- Princeton, New Jersey (US)
- Competitive package
- Closing date
- Jun 24, 2023
- Biomedical Informatics, Biomedical Sciences, Director
- Full Time
- PHD, BS, Computational biology, Electrical/computer engineering, PhD in Computational Biology, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, BSN
At Genmab, we’re committed to building extra[not]ordinary futures together, by developing antibody products and pioneering, knock-your-socks-off therapies that change the lives of patients and the future of cancer treatment and serious diseases. From our people who are caring, candid, and impact-driven to our business, which is innovative and rooted in science, we believe that being proudly unique, determined to be our best, and authentic is essential to fulfilling our purpose.
As the Head of Genmab AI Lab, you will enable innovation in applications of artificial intelligence to drastically transform how Genmab discovers and develops medicines that drastically change people’s lives.
The main responsibility is to proactively identify, incubate and accelerate new business opportunities enabled by artificial intelligence through a mix of internal and external innovations. As part of the role, you will enable partnership with technology companies and academic teams to accelerate the de-risking of ideas and bring new capabilities in AI to Genmab. The role requires an agile, networked and flexible leadership style, open mindset and passion to creating useful tools.
- Coordinate the drive of new AI projects from idea generation to application in close partnership with internal and external stakeholders
- Work with leaders within Genmab to identify and pursue opportunities to grow the Genmab AI Lab impact and enable consequential uses of AI
- Collaborate with external partners, with the purpose to explore and deliver new innovations
- Ensure a start-up mindset within the Genmab AI Lab framework to deliver results with speed, quality and focus
- Ensure socialization of the AI results and plan for scale/adoption in relevant internal organizations
- Develop processes and operations of the Lab framework
- Be member of the Data Sciences leadership team with project-based strong accountability to other heads of functions
- Contribute to the overall research strategy and roadmap by leading genesis/definition of problem statements/mission-critical questions in collaboration with R&I leadership team
- Establish computational plans and drive resource planning in line with identified problem statements
- Manage multiple large/critical complex data projects against computational plans for delivery of analytics through state-of-the-art computational tools within relevant area (e.g. target identification, format optimization, biomarker ops, mechanism of action)
- Establish and socialize intuitive data analysis and visualization tools for communication of comprehensible and readily actionable results of analyses to relevant stakeholders
- Strategically identify opportunities for improvement of analytical pipelines and data management tools to enhance data analysis strategies
- Establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders at multiple levels within and outside the organization
- Look at the pipeline of talent within team as an organizational pool - investing in future skills, spending time on development through feedback and coaching, and challenging high-potential members with different assignments
- Accountable for budget management for own area
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering with 10 years related experience; Master’s with 8 years related experience; PhD with 7 years related experience
- Experienced in working with external partners including, large strategic partners and small start-ups in a global setting
- Proven experience and understanding of methods such as business model design, Design thinking, Lean start-up etc.
- Experience in Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Algorithmic Optimization, and Data Engines
- A strong network of potential collaboration partners and capabilities to create new partnerships to be leveraged within the Genmab AI Lab
- Experience and proven track record in building and launching your own AI projects or experience from entrepreneurship in multinational corporations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Leadership experience and proven track record of leading diverse teams and projects
- Successful in building excellent working relationships and operating effectively as a member of a leadership team.
- Excellent professional skills and ability to work in a fast paced, multicultural and diverse environment.
- You are a social person with strong relationship capabilities and enjoy working with others in flexible team constellations
- Passion for AI and people
Be part of the extra[not]ordinary™
Are you caring, candid, impact-driven and determined to make a difference? Join our unstoppable team as we improve the lives of patients through innovative and differentiated antibody therapeutics.
Founded in 1999 in Copenhagen, Denmark, Genmab is an innovative biotech company that has become a leader in antibody biology and innovation. Our product pipeline and next-generation antibody technologies are the result of our strong company culture, a deep passion for innovation, and desire to transform cancer treatment and serious diseases.
When you work with us, you’ll be part of a warm, fun, dynamic community, and team up with some of the best, most authentic individuals in locations around the world, who care deeply and share in a relentless drive to innovate and create transformational medicines. People who are candid, impact-driven, and a little unconventional; who seek out and embrace the opportunity to build new and bold futures within a rapidly growing and innovative biotech company; who bring their full selves to work and show up for each other - rolling up their sleeves to get the job done. This translates into a place where you can be authentically you; are empowered to innovate, build solutions, and execute; feel cared for and supported in growth; and are a critical part of changing the lives of patients around the world through transformative cancer treatment.
Apply for Senior Director, Head of Genmab Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert