At Genmab, we’re committed to building extra[not]ordinary futures together, by developing antibody products and pioneering, knock-your-socks-off therapies that change the lives of patients and the future of cancer treatment and serious diseases. From our people who are caring, candid, and impact-driven to our business, which is innovative and rooted in science, we believe that being proudly unique, determined to be our best, and authentic is essential to fulfilling our purpose.
The Global Medical Affairs (GMA) organization is growing and Medical Affairs is the recognized as the third pillar of Genmab (leading with R&D and Commercial). GMA requires a motivated and adaptable individual to support the Head of Project & Process Management. The Associate Director will be responsible for supporting Medical Affairs in the development, implementation, and completion of strategic and tactical projects associated with Genmab’s pipeline. The successful candidate will be responsible for working cross functionally with members of Genmab and Collaboration partners to ensure the delivery of Medical Affairs Plans, tactics and resources (within timelines and budget). The candidate must have a broad knowledge of project management principles and experience providing project management support in Medical Affairs. They must have a strategic mindset, be able to influence key stakeholders throughout the product’s life cycle and engage senior leaders in the organization. The right candidate for the job will drive the long-term success of the product(s) they support, impact patient care patients and ultimately the success of Genmab.
This is a hybrid role with the expectations of being onsite in Princeton, NJ 60% of the time.
- Responsible for overall Solid Tumor Program Management (all assets with an emphasis on later phase development programs)
- Partner with Head of Global ST Strategy Team to ensure overall understanding of Medical Objectives and strategies across all regions (Global, US, EU and Japan) and meet the needs of the Global ST Strategy Team
- Lead Joint and Genmab-only ST Strategy Team meetings (includes identifying key issues, set meeting agendas, schedule, ensure team is prepared with their deliverables, pre-meeting preparations, take minutes, etc.)
- Partner with the Medical Affairs Strategy Lead on Medical Team meeting priorities and deliverables
- Command the team and hold members accountable for deliverables, risk mitigation of tactics and communication of delays/accelerations
- Work collaboratively with Solid Tumor project managers; provide guidance on overall program needs and resource gaps to facilitate resolution
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders across Commercial, Medical and R&D
- Participate in internal and external project and working group meetings
- Direct day-to-day program/portfolio activities to meet milestones; monitoring critical path activities to ensure delivery of program objectives
- Champion best practices in Program Management, including the use of agendas, minutes, dashboards, maintain document repository, establish and implement templates, tools, and processes to drive efficiency, alignment, communication, and effective planning
- Drive GMA Launch readiness and post-launch activities
- Regularly partner and communicate with external program management counterpart and other key partner stakeholders as needed to move forward objectives, deliverables and plans
- Partner with Project managers (both Medical Affairs and internal stakeholders) on cross-functional initiatives, best practice sharing and issue escalation and resolution
- Communicate program information and support development of presentations to senior leadership, functional heads, and other key stakeholders as needed.
- Coordinate with Business partners such as Finance, Compliance and Legal, etc on Medical team initiatives and deliverables; sometimes taking the lead
- Work with Alliance management on any collaboration issues regarding Partnered assets
- Build strong working relationships with intracompany and intercompany stakeholders
- Lead annual Goal Setting for ST Medical Team and ensure delivery of these throughout the year
- Anticipate Governance needs across the Partnership and facilitate deliverables
- Deliver annual strategic and tactical medical planning with resource requirements, timelines and deliverables
- Develop and execute integrated cross-functional project plans with established goals, milestones, timelines and budget to enable program planning, tracking, analysis and visualization
- Collate and present Quarterly monitoring of Team Goals, Objectives and Tactics
- In addition:
- Lead GMA initiatives for GMA Project Management
- Oversee the development and implementation of GMA operational efficiency processes.
- Effectively manage multiple projects and responsibilities concurrently
- Contribute to budgetary planning at the program level
- Participate in Genmab cross functional initiatives
- BS degree required.
- Advanced science degree and/or MBA preferred.
- Foundation of Drug development knowledge with understanding of functions relevant to the position including Preclinical, Research, Clinical Development, Manufacturing, Commercial and Regulatory.
- Project management experience in biopharmaceutical industry 5-8 years preferred.
- Experience in Medical Affairs required
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; proven ability to work with all levels within an organization.
- Strong influencing skills up, down and across the organization including executive/senior management
- Proven track record working in operations management in a matrix structure.
- Strong written and verbal communication and be able to communicate effectively across functions and different levels of leadership
- Highly driven, organized, collaborative, and flexible.
- Pre-launch project management preferred.
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated, and be able to work as collaboratively a team member in a fast-paced, matrix environment
- Experience with managing large budgets and working with financial tools
- Working knowledge of MS office (Word, Power Point, Excel), SmartSheets, TEAMs and Outlook