At Genmab, we’re committed to building extra[not]ordinary futures together, by developing antibody products and pioneering, knock-your-socks-off therapies that change the lives of patients and the future of cancer treatment and serious diseases. From our people who are caring, candid, and impact-driven to our business, which is innovative and rooted in science, we believe that being proudly unique, determined to be our best, and authentic is essential to fulfilling our purpose.
Medical Affairs is an originator of critical insights and its ability to gather and interpret data, as well as house the skills to translate and disseminate this data is critical which is why we are seeking an Associate Director, Medical Affairs Data and Analytics. In this role, you will be accountable to build and lead our US Medical Affairs Analytics capability and deliver against our medical analytics strategy. The importance of Medical Affairs Data & Analytics as a capability is essential to inform Medical Affairs engagement and quantify impact. Journey based analytics at the HCP level to enhance understanding, identify triggers of engagement, and standardized engagement (metrics and activity) is required as Genmab’s Medical Affairs organization is a lead insight generator.
This role will report to the Director, US Strategy & Field Operations and will conduct a broad, diverse set of deliverables across the US Medical Affairs organization. A key business requirement will be the execution of the strategy and critical business objectives to ensure analytic recommendations and key workstreams align to the broader organizational strategy, lead insight generation, and KPI monitoring to compliantly measure impact and value of Medical Affairs initiatives/activities and propose recommended actions. Independently query data and summarize key analytics results to quickly answer critical, and ad hoc business questions, and translate business problems into a clear analytics workplan with appropriate solutions for execution that will meaningfully drive results. Medical Affairs derive actionable insights at an individual and account level and subsequent actions (e.g.: CRM, Medical Information, KOL profiling databases). Our teams will leverage this data to make critical business decisions (profiling, adjusting target list, evolving scientific content, etc.). This position will be required to develop a deep understanding of various data sources across Genmab, create analyses, and communicate key outputs to decision makers. It is essential for the integration and coordination of analytics deliverables, collaborating with cross functional partners, to achieve our goals through analytics enablement. A variety of projects will be aligned with this position, enabling the organization to make strategic decisions that backed by data driven insights and recommendations from analytics.
We have a hybrid model that requires onsite presence in Princeton, NJ 60% of the time.
Drive the functional execution of our USMA Analytics strategy, managing outcomes and providing insights and guidance to on trends and areas of opportunity. Proactively suggest opportunities to integrate marketing and medical analytics efforts where possible and with compliance in mind.
Partner across Commercialization to drive innovative use cases and collection/use of first party data in a compliant way (e.g., generating first party insights for HCPs) that is consistent with Medical Affairs policy and regulations. Build and understand the customer journey, pain points, and drivers of behavior as it relates to medical unmet need, define projects and omnichannel engagement. Lead, or leverage existing Data & Analytics Governance process in Medical Affairs with goal of creating a forum for cross functional alignment of critical data & analytics priorities across Genmab. Leverage this process and team to prioritize analytics tasks, maintain analytics backlog and make trade-off decisions to maximize business. Collaborate with existing Genmab teammates focused on Commercial to leverage existing analytics & data processes to quickly uncover and define opportunities for unmet needs with prioritized customer groups. Understand current reporting to prioritize / develop self-serve dashboards and automated reports. Use dashboard tools to provide analytics expertise and champion teaching the Medical Affairs teams how to use the tools to derive insights in real time.
- Bachelor’s Degree with previous Medical Affairs, Insights and Analytics, Finance, Forecasting, Business Operations, Information Technology, or other Analytics experience.
- Experience with CRM Dashboards, Tableau, or other data visualization tools or substantial experience in Analytics and Pharmaceutical Data with an understanding of complexities of data landscapes.
- Excellent communication (written & verbal), interpersonal influencing skills and prioritization skills with diligence, along with the ability to think strategically in an ambiguous environment.
- Scientific operational experience across a range of Medical Affairs, Commercial and/or R&D.
- Ability to build relationships, influence and drive organizational engagement at all levels.
- Initiative-taking, with strong organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize plans and activities across a broad portfolio of deliverables.
- Strong technical skills, including advanced Excel, SharePoint, TEAMS, and other analytics & business intelligence (Tableau, etc.) software.
- Works with some supervision and guidance. Exercises judgment within well-defined practices and policies.