FULL-TIME GYNECOLOGIC ONCOLOGY OPPORTUNITY
CATHOLIC HEALTH OF LONG ISLAND
Long Island, New York
Catholic Health of Long Island (CH) is currently recruiting a Board Certified/Board Eligible fellowship-trained Gynecologic Oncologist to join our growing Center for Gynecologic Oncology and Women’s Health Service Line. Catholic Health is an integrated health care system serving the communities of Long Island, New York. The System is comprised of six hospitals, three skilled nursing facilities, a regional Home Care and Hospice service, and a multiservice, community-based agency for developmentally disabled individuals. Catholic Health has over 17,000 employees and an operating budget in excess of $2 billion. The system serves more than three million people across Suffolk, Nassau, and Eastern Queens Counties of New York.
For the past few years, Catholic Health has been investing in the Women’s Health Service Line to develop a system-wide integrated program with specialties that include: gynecologic oncology, maternal fetal medicine, Urogynecology, and minimally invasive gynecologic surgery. These OB/GYN subspecialists would support the over 130 practicing obstetrician/gynecologists across the System, with over 4,700 deliveries annually.
Clinical responsibilities will include comprehensive care for patients with gynecologic cancers including outpatient assessment, inpatient care and major operative procedures. Other duties will include participation in clinical trials and training and supervision of medical students, residents and fellows. This is an exceptional opportunity to be part of a collegial, patient-focused Health System with a rich history of providing great care to the communities.
- Participate in an expanding system-wide gynecologic oncology program
- Participate in an integrated multi-disciplinary advanced gynecologic surgery program and be part of the Center of Excellence for MIGS
- Protected access to Da Vinci Robotic Surgical System (Xi) in all hospitals
- Graduate Medical Education programs in Women’s Health: OB/GYN Residency Program and Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery Fellowship Program. Other GME programs planned in the near future include MFM and Gynecologic Oncology Fellowship Programs.
- High volume and broad diversity of gynecologic oncology cases
- Courteous and professional colleagues including senior gynecologic oncologists, colorectal, hepatobiliary, and thoracic surgeons
- Administer chemo, targeted, and immunotherapy at a new state of the art cancer center
- Participate in clinical trials, either institutional, pharma, or cooperative clinical trials through Roswell Park Cancer Center affiliation
- Program that prioritizes social responsibility, respect, dignity, sensitivity, advocacy and community service - with a mission to improve health and life at the individual and community levels
- Provide multidisciplinary care for patients with all aspects of gynecologic malignancies
- Provide consultation and surgical support to other services include general OB/GYN and other surgical specialties
- Provide all services in accordance with generally accepted standards of care and faithfully adhere to the principles of ethics of the medical profession
- Participate in GME activities for fellows, residents, and medical students, including lectures, preceptorship, and small group teaching; candidates must demonstrate a strong commitment to academic medicine and medical education.
- Share the after-hours and weekend on-call coverage for gynecologic oncology service
- Conduct or participate in clinical trials
- Identify quality measures for gynecologic cancer program and assist with monitoring of performance
- Conduct quality initiatives based on performance data
- NYS Licensed MD or DO
- Board Certified / Board Eligible fellowship-trained in Gynecology Oncology
- Strong clinical background in evaluation and management of gynecologic malignancies
- Minimally invasive and robotic surgical skills preferred
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to engage at all levels of the organization to promote a culture of patient safety and participate in performance improvement
Catholic Health of Long Island offers a competitive salary, dynamic work environment that embraces a healthy work-life balance, and a comprehensive benefits package. With facilities located on Long Island, candidates could take advantage of a suburban lifestyle with quality public school districts, and beautiful parks and beaches. Manhattan, a wealth of urban cultural, sports and recreational activities are within an hour by car or train.
For further information or interested in the position, please email your CV to: email@example.com