Mercy Springfield Missouri Gynecology/Oncology Physician Opportunity
Mercy Clinic welcomes you to consider joining our established Gyn/Oncology program in Springfield, Missouri! We offer growing patient demand as well as replacing a long-term, highly respected specialist who recently retired from clinical practice. Mercy offers an established program with a supportive mentor, colleague, and friend who has been here almost 7 years.
Mercy Springfield has a catchment population of over 2M people. We are the region’s leader in women’s care, receiving patients from a three-hour radius. You will be welcomed into a busy and established program with a proven need for another partner.
Mercy Gynecology and Oncology Offers:
- Established Gyn/Oncology program; our current physician has been here seven years and is very successful and in need of a partner
- Group has protected block and robotic OR time on Xi Models
- Ability to offer own chemotherapy, if desired
- Consult-only service with experienced hospitalists – light call
- Up to three days in OR and two days in clinic each week
- Experienced APPs for clinic and OR assist
- Flexible schedule: excellent work/life balance with weekends and holidays off
- Clinic located on hospital campus
- Comprehensive cancer center including 8 oncologists, 3 radiation oncologists, breast surgeons, urology, head and neck, colon, genetic counselors, navigators, survivorship groups
- Work in a stable, excellent group full of friendly people that put exceptional patient experience first
- Treated as an equal partner day one with no track or buy-in
- Competitive compensation with salary guarantee, fellowship stipend, production, quality, and recruitment incentives
- Starting bonuses/fellowship stipend and paid relocation package
- Public service loan forgiveness
- Comprehensive benefits package for the entire family
- Occurrence-based liability insurance
Mercy Hospital Springfield:
- 800+ bed tertiary hospital and referral center
- Ample access to da Vinci Xi robotics with protected time
- 100% Gyn/Oncology
- Comprehensive women’s health center with over 3,200 annual deliveries, 24/7 OB/Hospitalist program, two MFM group, and 25+ total referring OBGs
- Catchment area of 2 million lives
- Access to Missouri medical schools for teaching and research, if desired
- System-wide EPIC EMR
- 131-year history in the community - financially strong and stable
- Rated in the top 5% nationally for overall clinical excellence by Healthgrades
- Forbes “America’s Best Employers”
Living in Springfield is easy with everything you need! We have a plentiful and growing job market, great schools, universities, world-class health care, and all the entertainment and cultural options of a big city—but with far less stress and an abundance of character and friendliness. Enjoy a top 10 city for low cost of living and top 20 best places to live and work! Minutes from Branson and easy trips to Kansas City and St. Louis!
Mercy physicians are pioneering a new model of care. As part of one of the largest Catholic health care systems in the U.S., this physician-led and professionally managed multi-specialty group is the foundation of care and well-being of our patients in seven states, delivered cohesively through 43 hospitals, more than 300 provider offices and virtual care. Working with Mercy provides all the advantages of a large organization balanced by an uncompromising commitment to engage physicians in leading and designing patient- and consumer-centric care. You'll discover a friendly and collaborative environment rooted in the belief that everyone deserves the most personalized experience we can deliver. What sets us apart is our unique approach, beginning with physician leadership at the senior most roles within our organization and continuing into our care locations, where physicians and co-workers share leadership responsibility and embrace new thinking and the most recent clinical and hospital innovations to get health care right for everyone we serve.
It is a continuing goal to advance diversity and inclusion within our Mercy ministry. We cherish each person as created in the image of God and believe it is our responsibility to strive for excellence in establishing an environment of dignity for all.
For more information, please contact:
Todd Vandewalker, MHA, CPRP | Senior Physician Recruiter – Mercy Physician Talent Selection
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.