Department of General Oncology
Req #: 00025938 & 00095394
Job Title: Assistant/Associate Professor, Clinical Faculty Appointment (CFA)
- The Department of General Oncology is seeking an Assistant Professor/Associate Professor under Clinical Faculty Appointment (CFA) for the MD Anderson Oncology Program at the Lyndon B. Johnson (LBJ) Hospital in Houston, TX. LBJ Hospital provides healthcare to the underserved population of Harris County, TX. The responsibilities will include clinical expertise in patient care management, clinical research, particularly in cancer disparities, and teaching and training of hematology oncology fellows by staffing hematology oncology continuity clinic. The preferred candidate has an interest in cancer disparities and will establish a successful and robust clinical practice and educational program in the field of General Oncology. Refer to the Department of General Oncology web page for additional information about the department and its programs.
- The Department of General Oncology is seeking an Assistant/Associate Professor under Clinical Faculty Appointment (CFA) to support the newly established inpatient consult service at MD Anderson Cancer Center (MDACC) in Houston, TX. This unique position will also have an outpatient component to support our International Assessment Center (IAC) and potentially one of the Houston-area locations (HALs) as the need arises in a subspecialty. The responsibilities will include clinical expertise in patient care management while collaborating with the General Internal Medicine hospitalist services at MDACC. The preferred candidate will establish a successful and robust outpatient practice while balancing the inpatient consult service component. Refer to the Department of General Oncology web page for additional information about the department and its programs.
About MD Anderson Houston-area locations:
About MD Anderson International Assessment Center:
- M.D., D.O., or M.D./Ph.D. degree
- Board eligible or board certified in Medical Oncology and Hematology
- Board eligible or Licensed by the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners
- Certification in Basic Life Support or Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Excellent clinical skills and a commitment to excellence in patient care
Interested applicants should email a one-page synopsis of experience and interest, curriculum vitae, and three letters of references to:
Sushant Jain, MHA, FACHE
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
PO Box 301439, Unit 462
Houston, Texas 77030
MD Anderson Cancer Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws, unless such distinction is required by law. All positions at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center are security sensitive and subject to examination of criminal history record information. Smoke-free and drug-free environment.