Thoracic Oncologist – BI Lahey Health – Burlington and Peabody, MA
The Division of Hematology/Oncology of Lahey Hospital & Medical Center (LHMC), a member of Beth Israel Lahey Health (BILH), is seeking a full-time BC/BE Medical Oncologist, specializing in the care of Thoracic Cancer Patients.
The successful candidate will be based at both the LHMC Burlington and Lahey Medical Center Peabody (LMCP) sites, primarily focused on the care of thoracic cancer patients with potential opportunity for additional disease based specialization. The position offers excellent administrative and nurse navigation support with infrequent night and weekend call expectations.
- Located just north of Boston, MA, the area provides excellent school systems, abundant cultural activities in a world class city and convenient access to the mountains and seacoast throughout New England.
- The successful candidate will be a part of the Division’s Hematology/Oncology Faculty participating in training of medical students from Tufts University School of Medicine and the University of Massachusetts, Chan School of Medicine, fellows from Tufts Medical Center, and a core faculty member of a new LHMC hematology-oncology fellowship program.
- The physician will be a regional expert in Thoracic medical oncology as part of the Lahey Cancer Institute (LCI) which comprises the cancer programs of LHMC, LMCP, and Beverly, Addison Gilbert and Winchester Hospitals as well as close affiliations with St. Joseph Hospital in Nashua, New Hampshire and Parkland Medical Center in Derry, New Hampshire. Total new analytic cancer cases within the LHCI exceed 5,000 annually.
- LCI maintains a large clinical research program and is a main member in SWOG and NRG. Current LCI faculty are actively engaged with SWOG committee’s on a national Group level. This would be an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate.
- Depending upon qualifications, there is also an opportunity for a leadership role in thoracic oncology within the 13-hospital BILH system which collectively sees approximately 10,000 new analytic cancer cases annually.
- Excellent benefits package (4 weeks of vacation, 10 Holidays, 20 CME Days, License’s and Board Exams, Liability, Health, Dental and Vision, 403B and 457B Retirement plans, plus more)
The Division of Hematology/Oncology is affiliated with Tufts University School of Medicine and the University Of Massachusetts Chan School Of Medicine, with an opportunity for an academic appointment commensurate with level of achievement.
About Lahey Hospital & Medical Center
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center (LHMC) is a world-renowned tertiary academic medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatments and leading-edge research. As a physician-led hospital, LHMC offers a legacy of care and education committed to putting the patient at the center through a multidisciplinary, collaborative and team-based approach. LHMC’s research efforts and clinical trials cross numerous medical disciplines, providing patients with access to the latest options in treatment and care.
LHMC is a part of Beth Israel Lahey Health, a health care system that brings together academic medical centers and teaching hospitals, community and specialty hospitals, more than 4,800 physicians and 36,000 employees in a shared mission to expand access to great care and advance the science and practice of medicine through groundbreaking research and education.
Please submit CV and cover letter to: Corrine Zarwan, MD, Chair, Division of Hematology and Oncology c/o email@example.com.