You Belong Here.
At MultiCare, we strive to offer a true sense of belonging for all our employees. Across our health care network, you will find a dynamic range of meaningful careers, opportunities for growth, safe workplaces, and flexible schedules. We are connected by our mission - partnering and healing for a healthy future - and dedicated to the health and well-being of the communities we serve.
Yakima Memorial Hospital, now part of MultiCare Health System, is seeking a full-time medical oncologist and a medical director to lead a strong and well-established program that has provided oncology care to the greater Yakima Valley for over 40 years. New physicians will work within a growing, multi-disciplinary team including medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, surgical oncologists, oncologic proceduralists, and advanced practice providers. Ideal candidates will be instrumental in ensuring high patient satisfaction and high value oncology care. There is an opportunity for research and being a principal investigator.
What We Have to Offer:
- Competitive compensation package including sign on and relocation
- Substantial benefits including medical, dental, annual leave, CME, retirement, and malpractice insurance (including tail)
- Generous time off to support work/life balance
- Career growth options with student loan repayment and leadership opportunities
- Research opportunities with the MultiCare Institute for Research & Innovation
- Wellness program including dedicated mental health services and leadership and wellness coaching
- Enjoy life in the Pacific Northwest with breathtaking water, mountain, and forest views at every turn
What You Will Need:
- Board Eligibility/Certification in Oncology
- Graduate of an accredited medical school, residency and fellowship
- Licensure to practice medicine in Washington State at time of employment
- DEA, NPI & prescriptive authority
- Current BLS for Healthcare Providers certification by the American Heart Association
We work to create a true sense of belonging for all our caregivers
Partnering for healing and a healthy future for the patients and communities we serve
Washington’s largest community-based, locally governed health system
“Most Wired” healthcare system 10 years in a row
Named to Forbes “America’s Best Employers by State” in 2019
Kate Loos at Kate.Loos@multicare.org or by phone at 509-969-5756.
In Yakima you’ll find 300 days of sunshine each year in a city nestled in a valley surrounded by camel-colored desert hills. You’ll enjoy 4 distinct seasons and endless opportunities to enjoy the great outdoors. The Yakima Valley is an excellent place for families boasting outstanding public and private school options.
Our central location allows for easy access to the Yakima, Columbia, and Snake Rivers, mountain and lowland lakes, abundant greenways, and scenery you’ll have to see to believe. Downhill and cross country skiing, world-class fly fishing, water sports, mountain biking opportunities and gorgeous hiking trails can all be found within an hour’s drive of Yakima. Should you choose to hit the road, Seattle, Portland, and Spokane are within a three hours’ drive -- close enough to enjoy without having to deal with a grid-locked life. The region is also known as one of the finest wine-grape growing areas anywhere. Wines from Yakima Valley vineyards have developed an international reputation rivaling Napa Valley. Many of the state’s most prized AVA’s (American Viticultural Area) are located right here. In addition to nearly 100 nearby wineries, the Yakima Valley is a craft beverage mecca with beer, cider and spirits. Drive past orchards and you’ll also see trees heavy with pears, apples, apricots and cherries.
Those are just some of the reasons why we choose to call Yakima “home.” Come discover your reasons!